No announcement yet.

Best Ranch Shirt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any lightweight merino wool t shirt. The FL Aerowool is nice and I also like the Black Ovis that regularly comes on CamoFire

Comment

Carhartt has some good light weight work cloths and some of them are in their fishing line of clothing.

Comment

I've been wearing either the Columbia or Magellan fishing shirts long sleeve in XLT and they have held up pretty well. I work around my farm and at the South Texas lease. I spray them down with Sawyers, let 'em dry then hang them in my closet... I treat 'em all with the Pyretherin spray, that way, no matter where I am or which shirt I grab from the closet, I'm protected from ticks/chiggers... do the same for my fishing pants (for around the farm/house and for my blue jeans or brush pants for the lease... Don't need no stinkin' lyme disease! OR chiggers!

Comment

Game guard micro fiber short sleeve. Holds up to south texas mesquite good and is very hard to stain.

GameGuard manufactures high-quality apparel and accessories specially made for hunting, sport fishing, and the outdoor lifestyle. Shop online today!

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
            Classic cotton pearl snaps

wrangler, ely cattleman, panhandle slim
            That's what my dad wore and I do too. Lightweight denim long sleeve.

Comment

The secret is to wear a high quality pima cotton tee shirt under a work/fishing shirt.
              Heck, a shop rag is 100% cotton, but low quality.
              Cheapo Tees are the same thing.

I go with either Banana Republic or Calvin Klein. Once you start sweating, it feels like an air conditioner on your skin.

I guide on Baffin Bay and have diabetic nerve pain on my skin. High quality tees are the way to go, its like night and day for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                Any lightweight merino wool t shirt. The FL Aerowool is nice and I also like the Black Ovis that regularly comes on CamoFire
                I really like the aerowool shirts or just plain old pearl snap work shirts, I got a handful of wranglers a couple years ago and love em. Too much mesquite all over that tears up fishing shirts

Comment

you can get on ebay sometimes and find used fishing shirts for real cheap. that way if they get dirty or messed up, they didnt cost you a fortune. i got some one time for like 7 bucks a shirt. had different company logos on them, but i just wear them to do yard work or lease work, so logos didnt matter.

Comment

I wear the wrangler white or blue long sleeve shirts everyday. Keeps the sun off my skin. With a little sweat they keep you nice and cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                      Columbia fishing shirts from Academy
                      x2

Comment

Fishing shirts. Have 3 or 4 that I just use for that. After wearing them I couldn't go back to the heavy cotton I wore before.

Comment

Originally posted by bermise View Post
                          Game guard micro fiber short sleeve. Holds up to south texas mesquite good and is very hard to stain.

https://www.gameguard.net/collection...r-short-sleeve
                          Thanks...I just spent $200 on shirts .
                          The GG camo button downs that I wish TBH would get back in their store.
                          The micro fiber shirts do their job.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                            Columbia fishing shirts from Academy
                            This. I also keep a cooler with ice/water and a couple caps full of ammonia in it. Take my shirt off and drench it in this marvelous stuff every hour or so and put back on and keep rolling. I rarely wear short sleeves in the sun anymore.

Comment

The lightweight crack covering T shirts from Duluth trading.

Comment

Wrangler long sleeve The light weightsb

Comment

Working...
                                X