Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surfside Live Last minute fishing thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finger mullet work good too

Comment

Soaking croakers for the first time ever! Hope they work! Beach is getting empty, waters nice and green!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
        Soaking croakers for the first time ever! Hope they work! Beach is getting empty, waters nice and green!

Good luck!!!

Comment

Zero luck on croakers. What a waste! Catching whiting and some small sharks on gulp.

Comment

I've never had luck with croakers myself. I know I've seen others use em, and some folks even call it cheating lol. Not sure but im sure there's a right way in how you hook em. Of course if the trout ain't there, they aint there.

Comment

We got the jetties this morning and it was slow there too. Only caught blue fish and one Spanish mackerel. I did have a very powerful fish hit my shrimp under my popping cork at what seem like 100mph. Thinking it was a jack, but didn’t hook up

Comment

Caught probably 100+ whiting today. They hit fish bites, gulp, and shrimp. A few small pompano on fish bites.

Not one single bite on croaker. Waste of money. Never again!

While waiting in line to get off the beach, a ***** in a lifted 2wd chevy tried to cut the corner and cut in front of us. He BURIED his truck! Instant karma. That was fun to watch!

Headed to SPI next! One week!

Comment

Croakers ain't a waste, I can promise you, or mullet, or live shrimp. I prefer a mullet, because they have some real character. 3 backlashes, 4 cast, and 5 hrs, thats mullet is liable to still be kicking .
                  Put down the kid bait .

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                    Croakers ain't a waste, I can promise you, or mullet, or live shrimp. I prefer a mullet, because they have some real character. 3 backlashes, 4 cast, and 5 hrs, thats mullet is liable to still be kicking .
                    Put down the kid bait .
                    I think I'll stick with my DSL and chicken boy from now on.

Comment

Croakers are only a waste if you are fishing where there are no trout.....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Croakers are only a waste if you are fishing where there are no trout.....

There's a reason 95% of the guides are chunking croaker and piggies all summer long. Now if artificial is your thing by all means throw an till your arms falls off but you can flat wear out some fish on croakers.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                          Put down the kid bait .
                          Yup! And they're a better overall target bait. I caught the shark in my picture on a finger mullet.

Comment

If you're in the trout, they'll tear up the croaker. They don't call them in though.

Comment

And the work better if they are lively when u start fishing with them.. usually a live well with oxygen pumped in does the trick. If they are really good they pull a little drag

Comment

Working...
                              X