Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
    Our wives must be twins

Need to see if the wife has some and give it a try at the deer camp.

Don’t get me started...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
      My buddy and his family use them
      He talked me into taking 2 drops of oregano oil on the tongue.

Don’t do that

better than the eye

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
        It was a pathetic attempt at humor. Poor delivery.

-------------------------------
        Violence never settles anything
        -Genghis Kahn

That’s okay. My original post seemed to skate by most participants as well.

Comment

Essential oils have their place, but they aren't the cure for everything and they do a great job at taking care of everyday healthy living.

I use essential oils on a daily basis in one form or another. I make my own soap, shampoo and beard balms; all of these have essential oils in them to some degree and for various reasons.

Many oils can be used to get rid of the itch when you get Poison Ivy or mosquito bites, others help with rashes.

If something happens I usually go for an oil first, if it doesn't help then I will try to find something over the counter and then go to get a prescription last. Obviously each case is taken for what it is and sometimes good old western medicine is needed; nothing wrong with that.

Many of the western medicine solutions we use everyday were originally from oils and extracts, aspirin was originally willow bark extract.

Comment

My wife use them for cleaning and disinfecting. I’m not as keen on them as she is. They do seem to have some benefits though.

Comment

Just your typical MLM garbage that only works through the placebo effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post

For example...

Comment

In no specific order.

Gun oil
                  Penetrating oil
                  Olive oil
                  Peanut oil
                  Motor oil

Comment

Its interesting how its women involved in these multi level marketing schemes 99% of the time.

Comment

This can only be true in the mind of a stubborn closed minded individual.

I would not wish neuropathy on anyone, and when my wife started using them I was 100% against them and only went along with her so I could justify getting another gun. One evening though my neuropathy was flaring up pretty bad but it was to late to take a pain pill. So my wife put a few drops of something on my foot and rubbed it in. Low and behold a couple of minutes later the nerve pains had decreased to a tolerable level. This was not a placebo effect. Short of a prescription pain killer that knocks me out, I have not found much of anything that gives ANY relief.

So explain to me how oils that have been used for hundreds of years to cure ailments, and are still being used today in MANY medications, is just a placebo effect?

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                        This can only be true in the mind of a stubborn closed minded individual.

I would not wish neuropathy on anyone, and when my wife started using them I was 100% against them and only went along with her so I could justify getting another gun. One evening though my neuropathy was flaring up pretty bad but it was to late to take a pain pill. So my wife put a few drops of something on my foot and rubbed it in. Low and behold a couple of minutes later the nerve pains had decreased to a tolerable level. This was not a placebo effect. Short of a prescription pain killer that knocks me out, I have not found much of anything that gives ANY relief.

So explain to me how oils that have been used for hundreds of years to cure ailments, and are still being used today in MANY medications, is just a placebo effect?
                        I'm glad that some MLM out of Utah can come up with better cures than the billion dollar pharmaceutical companies. Maybe Pfizer should start using housewives to peddle their stuff too. Sure their Are natural remedies but the whole EOs fad is laughable on the large scale.

Comment

I'm glad that some MLM out of Utah can come up with better cures than the billion dollar pharmaceutical companies. Maybe Pfizer should start using housewives to peddle their stuff too. Sure their Are natural remedies but the whole EOs fad is laughable on the large scale.
                          You think those pharmaceutical companies got to be billion dollar outfits by admitting that there can be cheaper ways to solve some problems? They are the ultimate scam.

I have no illusions that those little bottles of oil are gonna replace allegra and ibuprofen, but they do serve some purposes better than the **** pharm companies peddle....and on the whole, they aren't nearly the rip off that insurance funded pharm is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                            My buddy and his family use them
                            He talked me into taking 2 drops of oregano oil on the tongue.

Don’t do that

I made the same mistake and agree 100%, don't do that. If you're wondering where oregano oil should go? I don't know, a bicycle chain maybe? But I can tell you with certainty where it don't go.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                              Essential oils are sold through multi-level marketing crap like Keep Jewelry, 31 bags, and all that other crap. MLM has figured out that women will buy **** near anything and SOME women will convince themselves they should spend even more in a guaranteed to fail attempt to sell more of the same crap they just bought.

Granted, if there were ever MLM where you could sell hunting and fishing gear, I’d probably be neck deep in it.
                              The ones that get me are the sales parties where these MLM sales person has a host and that host gets $400 in free crap because everybody that came to her party spent $50 each. Then that host gets invited to 23 parties where she's expected to buy $50 at those parties because those folks helped her. That $400 worth of free MLM crap costs you near $1200 out of pocket.......smh There are no more parties hosted at my house
                              Last edited by drbonner; 05-23-2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

If your kid cant sleep because theyre coughing their eyeballs out......rub Vick's salve on their feet and put socks on them. They'll be sleeping in 20 minutes with no coughs. Vicks is cheap, been aroung for 100 years and a household commodity just about.

Comment

Working...
                                X