No announcement yet.

Essential Oils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did the 3 wise men bring to baby Jesus?

Comment

I have had back and neck pain every day since 1983.

My daughter sells the EO's and to appease her I tried some on my back and neck.......Instant pain relief!!!

It helps with the nephropathy in my feet but not as well.

Comment

I use the peppermint scent on a little circle thing I put on my car vents and I constantly get compliments about how good my vehicles smell by just about everyone that rides in one of them. For my hunting truck I use pine scent lol.

Comment

I used essential oils to overcome my addiction to essential oils

Comment

I only know one person that uses essential oils- She smells like dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
              I am not sure I know what that is? I am fairly certain I did not pack one.

It was a pathetic attempt at humor. Poor delivery.

-------------------------------
              Violence never settles anything
              -Genghis Kahn

Comment

I use Young Living products daily and they have helped.
                Sulfazyme and Super C have been good to me. Knee pain is nonexistent and I haven't had a cold or the flu in a long while. The oils have helped as others above have related. I am a believer!

Comment

My wife uses them, I call it snake oil. Pizzez her off. lol

Comment

We use them in our house simply as a smell good. A couple of drops with some water in the diffuser and the house smells good. Not sure about any other added benefit.

I can say this........ the doTerra Terrashield oil is an excellent repellant for those buffalo gnats!!!! A couple drops around your neck, ears and face and the gnats are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                      How do you know? Do you count the ticks on your deer?

There was a conversation about this at work the other day. I told one of the docs I was going to tell pharmacy to take all the meds out of the crash cart and put essential oils in their place... he didn't seem to think they would work.
                      Actually yes I do pay close attention to the parasitic load on the deer including ticks. Used to have so many ticks on the deer would give me the creeps. As we experimented with feed recipes mimicking what some of the breeders do and adding essential oils no more ticks. Didn’t count them. Just easy observation.

If I’m in a car crash I want western medicine. For daily health though we go with mostly natural organic healthy approaches

Comment

My wife is really into them. For the first several months I was pretty much in the camp of them being snake oil. Yeah, they made the house smell good in a diffuser, but whatever. Then one day my back was killing me, and she talked me into putting some oil on it. I was pretty amazed at how fast it helped. Now I have a few oils like Peppermint, Panaway, and Copaiba I carry with me for various back, shoulder, and carpal tunnel pains. They do work for me.

Do they take the place of doctors and medications? No. But for feeling better and getting along better in daily life I do believe in some of them now. I'm not saying all the time for everything, I do feel like some of the stuff is stretching the imagination a bit. But for sure there are some of them that work too.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                          Ain’t nothin gunna beat Baby Powder!!
                          Whoa!!! Don't bring baby powder into this heated debate. That's a sin!

Baby powder comes straight from heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                            you nay sayer's can jabber all you want but some of them do work,,,, i did not believe it it at all but to appease my daughter and my wife, i let my daughter mix me a bottle of roll on snake oil , and in 10 minutes it was able to do what the doctors and their prescriptions could not,,,,,,, i had been suffering from "tennis elbow" for a couple of months wasting money at the dr office,,, her pain blend worked and it worked fast and i still doubted it was the oil,,,, a reocurrence a few months later i tried it first and it worked again...

over the last 2 years i have been willing to give them a chance because i saw how well some of them worked on my grand kids and myself!!

i am also a firm believer that the creator put everything on this earth we needed,,,, and some home remedies are actually real .... i am not saying they are fool proof but some of them proved to be effective to my disbelief ///

just a reminder to all of us,, we make paper out of trees, and pine sap has been a household cleaner for many decades, we run our cars on thick black useless gooy goop out of the ground and diamonds are made from coal,,,, so why is it hard to believe oils can and do actually work?????

Well said. I gave my wife the hardest time for ever about her essential oils. I used to joke with her about her black magic. However, I have come around a little bit because I have seen some of them actually work for their intended use.

Comment

If you have any sinus inflammation try two drops of frankincense under your tongue. I use it before bed and breathe better at night. It works.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                I don't know anything about them except my wife has a whole box of those little bottles of stuff. She puts different ones on her neck if she has allergies/cold/whatever, and does the same for our son. He's missed one day of school in 2 years and she is rarely sick. She also puts drops in a little machine that makes mist out of it, not sure what that does but it makes the house smell good.

She puts stuff in the dogs water too. I told her if she found one to keep skeeters away that I'd buy in....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Our wives must be twins

Originally posted by Jtrisler View Post
                                We use them in our house simply as a smell good. A couple of drops with some water in the diffuser and the house smells good. Not sure about any other added benefit.

I can say this........ the doTerra Terrashield oil is an excellent repellant for those buffalo gnats!!!! A couple drops around your neck, ears and face and the gnats are gone.
                                Need to see if the wife has some and give it a try at the deer camp.
                                Last edited by Stolle; 05-23-2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X