Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kid with loaded gun arrested in League City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
    What is wrong with people!
    This:
    In light of the recent school shooting in Santa Fe, Texas, the world doesn’t know why school shootings continue to happen…but we do.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
      What is wrong with people!
      They want to be "internet famous." (like the last few... David Hogg included)

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        I have very mixed feelings on the responsibility issue. I have a bigger problem that they raised someone with so little regard for others than the fact that a gun was accessible. The kid in Santa Fe was 17. You didn’t have access to your dads guns at 17? I had access to them at 7. I just knew better.
        Well said and I couldn't agree more....

Comment

I have very mixed feelings on the responsibility issue. I have a bigger problem that they raised someone with so little regard for others than the fact that a gun was accessible. The kid in Santa Fe was 17. You didn’t have access to your dads guns at 17? I had access to them at 7. I just knew better.
          This right here.

Comment

The local news was talking about this idiot this weekend and saying how social media is to blame as they posted his name an picture all over the place.

Comment

Yep

Comment

This ^^^^^ , and why I knew better was the sure and certain knowledge that my daddy would have beat the living hell out of me if I had acted ignorant with a gun. I started shooting daddy's old single barrel 12 ga. as soon as I could hold it up and never once had any thoughts of shooting anything other than game or snakes. When I expressed interest in shooting, he loaded it, aimed it at a small hickory sapling and cut it in two with one shot. It was pretty plain how much destruction came out of the end of the barrel, and a lesson I never forgot.

We live in a different world now though, and it ain't better.

Comment

This. I did too, and I had access to the cleaning tools, and I knew that I wanted to keep them clean. Dad taught me that. And he taught me that every gun is loaded. And he taught me to always know where the muzzle was. And he taught me to not play with them. At 7 or 8 I knew these things too.

So did my son. He's 26 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                    I am wondering if this isn't a case of some kids being scared to death and they are trying to protect themselves? Imagine if this was happening frequently and so close to home when you went to school. I'd prolly be packing too for my own safety. Hopefully this is why they had guns on them and not because of something evil. Lord help us.
                    This^^^

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                      bad parenting
                      social media 24/7
                      violent video games
                      vulgar music
                      everyone gets a trophy mentality
                      both parents working ( not involved in their kids life)
                      glorification of gun violence in movies

There is not a single answer as to why, but I think its a combination of all....

You cant stop this unfortunately....
                      AND we kicked God outta da school house

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t disagree with this sentiment, and my House was the same and we never thought twice about it. But I do believe if you own guns it is your responsibility to secure them to the best of your ability to prevent them from being used against your intentions.

I was merely pointing out that his comparison was not similar. There is a big difference in someone smash & grab your house and someone who has access because they live there. None of us ever believe it will be our kid that does something like this, but I couldn’t live with the thought of I could have prevented it by securing my guns.

You and the other post are right about how kids are raised without a respect of others that is the root. There are a number of contributing factors.

Nobody likes the economic impact of single income families. Our entire financial house of cards is built on earn more so you can spend more. Two earners equals twice the opportunity to earn and spend. The unintended consequence is we aren’t training up our children to be respectful & productive members of society.

Comment

This. I have most of my guns in the safe. I don't have kids at home anymore, but grandkids visit often. All know about guns and what they are for.

Comment

I agree. Growing up my grandpa kept a loaded 22mag beside his recliner. All us grandkids knew it was there and knew how to use it. We also knew if papaw caught us messing with it without his approval he would tan our hide. A little gun education would go a long ways for todays youth

Comment

Well said.

Comment

When I said that parents need to be held responsible, it's two parts. The first and most important part is raising them right and being involved in their lives. The 2nd part is access to weapons.

Comment

Working...
                                X