Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kid with loaded gun arrested in League City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am wondering if this isn't a case of some kids being scared to death and they are trying to protect themselves? Imagine if this was happening frequently and so close to home when you went to school. I'd prolly be packing too for my own safety. Hopefully this is why they had guns on them and not because of something evil. Lord help us.

Comment

If a kid steals the parents gun and shoots up the school, should the parent be held responsible?

If a random person steals the gun and shoots up the school, should the gun owner be held responsible?

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
        I am wondering if this isn't a case of some kids being scared to death and they are trying to protect themselves? Imagine if this was happening frequently and so close to home when you went to school. I'd prolly be packing too for my own safety. Hopefully this is why they had guns on them and not because of something evil. Lord help us.

I would think somebody scared and carrying for protection would keep their **** mouth shut, and an unloaded gun isn’t going to protect shiz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wall_hanger View Post
          what did the notice say? They let the seniors walk their old elementary schools today which i thought, given recent events, was a very bad idea. If they sent some sort of threat notices out and still let the seniors walk around the elementary schools, i have a real problem with this.
          [ATTACH]908821[/ATTACH]

Comment

Elementary kid showed up with a BB gun in my wife's district this morning at another campus. She had no idea about it until I saw the post on her schools FB page, doesn't give me much faith in them when something like that isn't even communicated between campuses.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
              If a kid steals the parents gun and shoots up the school, should the parent be held responsible?

If a random person steals the gun and shoots up the school, should the gun owner be held responsible?
              Those aren’t the same thing. Leaving a weapon available to a minor who lives in your house and a stranger breaking into your home to access are two very different scenarios

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                Those aren’t the same thing. Leaving a weapon available to a minor who lives in your house and a stranger breaking into your home to access are two very different scenarios
                Reckless negligence and just stupid.
                One isnt illegal unfortunately.

Comment

Every time the news shows the shooters face plastered all over the screen, another sicko realizes he can get attention by doing the same thing. We have got to stop parading the shooters all over media. I know thats not what they intend to do, thats just how i see it.

Comment

This is just my opinion off course but when I was a youngster we had guns laying all around our house and so did my friends. No one ever took one to school to do harm to others. ever. Maybe to go hunting after school..

I also notice some want the parents arrested for what the person with the gun did.

Something is very different nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
                      [ATTACH]908821[/ATTACH]
                      My wife teaches in Crosby and didn't get this.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                        My wife teaches in Crosby and didn't get this.
                        It was emailed/texted out

Comment

bad parenting
                          social media 24/7
                          violent video games
                          vulgar music
                          everyone gets a trophy mentality
                          both parents working ( not involved in their kids life)
                          glorification of gun violence in movies

There is not a single answer as to why, but I think its a combination of all....

You cant stop this unfortunately....

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

I have very mixed feelings on the responsibility issue. I have a bigger problem that they raised someone with so little regard for others than the fact that a gun was accessible. The kid in Santa Fe was 17. You didn’t have access to your dads guns at 17? I had access to them at 7. I just knew better.

Comment

Another in La Marque

Comment

I think it's the news coverage. think about it none of this was this hot down here until after the news coverage of Santa Fe

Comment

Working...
                                X