Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Moderately Priced Game Cameras

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
    You will get about twice the pictures with the browning as you do the M80's. I've had several of both and the browning uses only 6 batteries versus 8 the Moultrie uses. My only issue with the browning's is the battery pack. For some reason all four of mine have contact issues between the battery pack and the camera and this causes the camera to not work sometimes. Also the battery pack can be very difficult to get out at times and I got one that I can not get the battery pack out of, it will come out about a inch but no more. The good news is these are a few years old so they might have fixed these issues. Also the browning's setup is almost exactly the same as the Moultrie M80 series camera's so there is no learning curve for all the settings. From what I understand, the guy who designed the M80's also designed the Strikeforce camera's and that is why they are almost identical.

Thanks for that info rob. Do you know if they have external capabilities and if they are 6 or 12 volt? I couldn’t get 3weeks to a month out of my M-80XT during season when we are slinging a bunch of corn and there are deer everywhere. Already have the boxes and some panels.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
      You will get about twice the pictures with the browning as you do the M80's. I've had several of both and the browning uses only 6 batteries versus 8 the Moultrie uses. My only issue with the browning's is the battery pack. For some reason all four of mine have contact issues between the battery pack and the camera and this causes the camera to not work sometimes. Also the battery pack can be very difficult to get out at times and I got one that I can not get the battery pack out of, it will come out about a inch but no more. The good news is these are a few years old so they might have fixed these issues. Also the browning's setup is almost exactly the same as the Moultrie M80 series camera's so there is no learning curve for all the settings. From what I understand, the guy who designed the M80's also designed the Strikeforce camera's and that is why they are almost identical.
      Yes your right on the battery pack issue. When you push the eject button it only partially pops out. You have to pull it to get it to release. I remember either watching a vid on you tube or reading the owners maual about the battery pack. But said it’s normal. But if you don’t know about it you would think you’re going to break it by pulling on it.

Comment

Hands down, WildGame Innovation

Seriously tho, I like the Browning Strike Force...I think I paid $100-115? Either way, I'll be getting a few more of them to put out this year

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Thanks for that info rob. Do you know if they have external capabilities and if they are 6 or 12 volt? I couldn’t get 3weeks to a month out of my M-80XT during season when we are slinging a bunch of corn and there are deer everywhere. Already have the boxes and some panels.
          Jason, I use the external battery pack on two of my Browning cameras. Browning sells these as well. I use Lithium AA batteries. They last about three to four months depending on how many pictures are being taken. I also use a 12 volt solar panel that has an internal battery for another camera. I purchased it at Academy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4B2264DB-AF91-48B5-B452-52244638EFF3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	24539424

Comment

Originally posted by HillCountryDude View Post
            Check out Exodus. Their Trek Model will run you $140. Comes with a 5 year warranty and 50% off if it gets stolen. Been flawless for me.
            Do you have any experience with the customer service? If I can get a trail cam that is guaranteed to last for 5 years I am all over it.

Comment

I run bushnells and brownings. Both are good cameras. The one thing I don’t like about the strike force is the inability to set the delay at 2 minutes. It jumps from 1 minute to 5 minutes with no in between.

Comment

I have not had any experience with their customer service as i have not had any camera related issues. I did talk with the owner a few times before i purchased several of his cameras. Very nice guy he even emails on occasion to ask for feedback on the cameras performance.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                  All mine were $99 or less

They’re my favorite to run
                  x2 on both accounts.

Smart- I set my cams on 1 min trigger delay and get 3500-5000 pics/month and the regular AA batteries are hardly depleted.

My only issue with the Strike Force is the trigger delay, there aren’t any options between 1 and 5 minutes.
                  Last edited by Patton; 05-15-2018, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Another vote for Browning Strike Force. Pretty cheap at around $100, pretty good pics, and pretty dependable. Good customer service when/if they fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                      x2 on both accounts.

Smart- I set my cams on 1 min trigger delay and get 3500-5000 pics/month and the regular AA batteries are hardly depleted.

My only issue with the Strike Force is the trigger delay, there aren’t any options between 1 and 5 minutes.

That delay gap is disappointing. My Moultries M-80XTs are like that and I hate it. Was hoping for a 2 or 3 minute delay. With a 1 minute delay the pics pile up quick on our place.

Good to hear on the battery life.

Comment

Browning strike force

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                          Jason, I use the external battery pack on two of my Browning cameras. Browning sells these as well. I use Lithium AA batteries. They last about three to four months depending on how many pictures are being taken. I also use a 12 volt solar panel that has an internal battery for another camera. I purchased it at Academy.

[ATTACH]908107[/ATTACH]

I'm confused here..

You use lithium batteries in your external system? No 6 volt or 12 volt feeder battery?

The writing in blue is for another Strike Force?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            I'm confused here..

You use lithium batteries in your external system? No 6 volt or 12 volt feeder battery?

The writing in blue is for another Strike Force?
                            Yes to the first question. The external battery packs from Browning take 8 AA batteries. Plus, I fill the cameras with AA as well. The cameras will run off the external pack first. When the external batteries run out the camera reverts to using the batteries inside the camera itself.

The solar panel ( made by Moultrie ) has an internal battery in it. It can be connected to Browning Cameras and is a 12 volt connection. $79

The battery packs from Browning cost $29 I believe.

Comment

[ATTACH]908231[/ATTACH]

Comment

Browning, not sure about bushnell. Personnel experience with moultrie and they suck! I’ll never by another one of thete cameras

Comment

Working...
                                X