Best Moderately Priced Game Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
    I've heard good things about the Browning Strike Force. What's the price range on these? I think I paid $129 on the A40's, so if I can get a few years out of them, money well spent. I wish someone would come up with a woodpecker proof IR lense!
    All mine were $99 or less

They’re my favorite to run

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
      Same here I have one Xt left. Replaced three last year with Browning Strike Force. Im very pleased with Browning cameras
      I had to go to 6-Volts and solar panels because my XTs are battery hogs. But man do they take a pretty and wide picture.

How is the battery life on the Brownings?
      Last edited by Smart; 05-14-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I had to go to 6-Volts and solar panels because my XTS are battery hogs. But man do they take a pretty and wide picture.

I think I was getting 15k or so pics on a set. Mixed night and day

Could have been more

Comment

Browning

Comment

I had to go to 6-Volts and solar panels because my XTS are battery hogs. But man do they take a pretty and wide picture.

From what I can tell very good. I set them up June of 2017 and replaced the batteries in February of this year. Still had plenty of life just wanted to get fresh ones in. Pics are very good. I got mine on sale at academy for $119.00. I’d like to add a couple more.

Comment

I can't imagine a camera much better than my Browning Strike Force BTC-5. I've been running 4 of them non-stop since 2014. They are tiny, easy on batteries, intuitive, and take good pics and video. Browning is super easy to order parts from. For free, including shipping, they will replace straps, lens covers, front covers, and battery trays. No questions asked.

I wish Browning would release a cell phone cam. I would buy it in an instant.

Comment

From what I can tell very good. I set them up June of 2017 and replaced the batteries in February of this year. Still had plenty of life just wanted to get fresh ones in. Pics are very good. I got mine on sale at academy for $119.00. I’d like to add a couple more.

Daaaang! That's great! How many pics do you get in a month? I average about 5-7000

Comment

Which model of the Browning Strike Force are you using.

There's 4 or 5 different ones.

Comment

Last years version. Not the new one.

Comment

I have several I'm going to sell as soon as I get time too. 4 Bushnell Trophy Cam, 4 Primos cameras. PM me if you are interested.

Comment

Daaaang! That's great! How many pics do you get in a month? I average about 5-7000
                        I don’t get near that much. Oh I’d say on a good month maybe 1500-1700
                        Some months 700. I’m up in the panhandle and we just don’t have the deer population. We have hogs but not over run. Zero turkey. We have mule deer but seldom do we see them at the feeders.

Comment

I got to thinking about which camera has the best battery life.

Check out Trailcampro's trail camera battery life test. We use the best methods to test wildlife camera batteries, so that you'll know how long they'll last.

Comment

I got to thinking about which camera has the best battery life.

https://www.trailcampro.com/pages/ba...-trail-cameras

Great info! Thank you!

Comment

I had to go to 6-Volts and solar panels because my XTs are battery hogs. But man do they take a pretty and wide picture.

You will get about twice the pictures with the browning as you do the M80's. I've had several of both and the browning uses only 6 batteries versus 8 the Moultrie uses. My only issue with the browning's is the battery pack. For some reason all four of mine have contact issues between the battery pack and the camera and this causes the camera to not work sometimes. Also the battery pack can be very difficult to get out at times and I got one that I can not get the battery pack out of, it will come out about a inch but no more. The good news is these are a few years old so they might have fixed these issues. Also the browning's setup is almost exactly the same as the Moultrie M80 series camera's so there is no learning curve for all the settings. From what I understand, the guy who designed the M80's also designed the Strikeforce camera's and that is why they are almost identical.

Comment

Browning and moultrie now

Was Bushnell trophy cams for years.

Not sure why they seem to have lost their dependability.

Comment

Working...
                                X