Unreasonable or in the right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here it is guys.

Ordered the knife from CHOPS on April 7th was quoted a turn around of 2-3 weeks. Sent half the total payment as requested with the agreement on the other half upon knifes completion.

I was told on Friday (5/4/18) the knife would be finished THAT DAY and to go ahead and send the 2nf half of the total payment. I complied and here we are now almost a full week after FULL PAYMENT has been made and have not received a knife nor any estimated day it will even be placed in the mail.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

The two pictures I received... Not sure why the "sun" had to come out or why a second person was needed for these to be sent to me? But never even got the pictures until I sent more money

Comment

Dang!

Comment

this should get interesting....

Comment

Originally posted by Seay View Post
            The two pictures I received... Not sure why the "sun" had to come out or why a second person was needed for these to be sent to me? But never even got the pictures until I sent more money

Creepy baby hands there

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
              Sounds like you've been more than patient in the process. People need to be aware of bad customer experience IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
              Are they a sponsor of TBH? They might need to be Chopped if that's how customers are treated.
              Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
              Blast
              Originally posted by lilbradford View Post
              I would blast em if it’s been a month. BS
              Originally posted by miket View Post
              Let me guess, a knife?
              Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              Timeline of 2-3 weeks to ship after completion?

I would post them up or demand a full refund
              Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
              Glad it's not me! I don't take .01 of payment until order is complete and the customer is happy. I have taken deposits on large orders but rarely!

If they are a sponsor here something should be done and we should all be aware of who it is.
              Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              1/2 up front would have been sketchy for my but complete payment without delivery will never happen.

That said, blast them since they told you it was complete.
              Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
              I’m sorry sir. The length and girth did not come out to your specifications. Trying to get it right this time!

on a serious note, I’m in and waiting for the blast! No pun intended...
              Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
              I smell a roast cooking, let’s eat!!!
              Originally posted by hopedale View Post
              Glad you got this resolved, but any comments on why the run around?
              Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
              How did the product turn out? Got any pics?
              Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
              I’ve had a lot of custom made items from quite a few precision rifles, to 20+ knives, to custom metal work. I’ve never had a single one ready in the estimated time. I usually take whatever time they estimate and double it. Only a couple times have I needed them in a rush, and I made sure they knew the deadline. All 3 times they missed their estimate, but still barely made the deadline. I just expect them to be overestimating their time. The lack of communication would be a deal breaker though.
              Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
              I am in the 'custom' business.
              We very seldom request a deposit (generally when we have likely suspicion we'll end up holding the bag).
              We promise a completion date that is normally a few days longer than we anticipate completing the task (that removes slight delays from creating problems). Also, we like being able to call the customer to tell them their work is done before they expected it.
              When we run into problems, we communicate with the customer (our boss).
              There is no excuse for a business to routinely promise a completion date that isn't met. If it happens repeatedly, that means that they knew it wasn't realistic when promised. Why do business with that kind of person/business?
              Please view all screen shots with attention to the dates then weigh in

Comment

These always end well.

Comment

Please view all screen shots with attention to the dates then weigh in

I knew it...

His excuses make no sense to me. You were paid in full, others customers stringing him out for money and messing up his finances should have no bearing on your knife being delivered as promised.

Comment

What does the other customer not paying have to do with getting your knife shipped?
                    Is he saying he can't afford the shipping?

Comment

Not sure what one has to do with the other either.

Comment

Similar thread last year on here. Heard a couple different similar situations with other members and Chops. I don't own one of his knives and never dealt with him personally so I don't have anything against him. Communication is very important and it seems like a man's word no longer means anything nowadays.

Taking funds in advance to me gives me nothing to work towards. As a matter of fact it makes me less in the mood to finish that item once paid. I hate getting anything in advance even if it's a $50k job and they send $25k up front. I'd rather get it all in the end. Only been screwed once by a customer ordering a big item and never hearing back. Custom orders take time and it's hard to sell later but can be done.

Bad business and customers orders should never get in the way of one another. Stay organized and never put anyone ahead of someone else because they have a higher paying job.

Comment

Let me guess, a knife?
                          Close but no

I am so confused....

Comment

Could improve delivery time with blanks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am so confused....
                              It was a knife ... Was being half way considerate untill ANOTHER message went UNANSWERED

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                                Could improve delivery time with blanks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Not sure what you mean??

Comment

Working...
                                X