Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

6.7 Cummins Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure you ever get used to the way a 1 ton rides empty. Put about 800#s in the bed and they ride much better.

Comment

Is that a poormans dually?

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
        Is that a poormans dually?
        I have no idea what that means. It's a factory dually.

Comment

Its a great engine just be careful with the programmer, too much boost on that 6.7 will blow a head gasket. My buddy blew his twice before he studded it and has had no problems since.

Comment

Originally posted by mjames76 View Post
            Its a great engine just be careful with the programmer, too much boost on that 6.7 will blow a head gasket. My buddy blew his twice before he studded it and has had no problems since.

Mine is already studded. Plus I drive like a grandpa.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
              Not sure you ever get used to the way a 1 ton rides empty. Put about 800#s in the bed and they ride much better.
              this.

Might be able to loose a few lbs of air in the tires. Overall, for what you got Id be willing to give up a little ride for it. But until 2 years ago Id been in a 3/4 4x4 diesel since 2000 so I could be partial.

Comment

Originally posted by mjames76 View Post

Boost wasn’t the primary factor in most blown gaskets. It was a matter of incorrect defuel settings in the mini max programmers primarily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                X