X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    Gin is terrible!!!

Dr Bombay would like to disagree.
    In a couple of weeks it will be gin and tonic weather.

I am going to say snipe. They are tough to shoot and tougher to swallow.

Comment

I've not tried alot of the th8 gs people are listing on here. But, I've tried to like duck and just cannot do it. I've tried it prepared several different ways by several different people. It just tastes awful to me. Probably just as well. I do not need another hunting expense. Like most folks here, I spend WAY too much hunting. If I started in on that one, I'm sure I'd spend another small fortune. Though. I'm sure it's a blast to hunt them.

Comment

any and all sheep. killed a young ram once and will never make that mistake again. I know they are a cheap trophy, but I just can't figure out a way to make it edible, so it is forever off the hit list.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Beavers! Especially the ones with a winter coat

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
            dove (unless wrapped in bacon with cream cheese and a pepper)
            duck
            Say what?????? You need someone that knows how to cook to fix dat for you. There are two ways to cook dove and duck. Hot and fast to medium rare or low and slow in a gravy until they are falling off the bone tender. If you grill or bake dove and duck until they are cooked through and through it will taste like liver.
            Last edited by Duckologist; 05-08-2018, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
              Y'all talkin about the same kinda buffalo?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              Yes. Smallmouth buffalo -fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                Javalina
                I agree, if you can even get close enough to eat; stinks to high heaven while cooking.

Comment

Dove are just flying javalina. Fun to shoot but not with a **** to rest. Taste like liver to me.

Comment

Eat

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                      Say what?????? You need someone that knows how to cook to fix dat for you. There are two ways to cook dove and duck. Hot and fast to medium rare or low and slow in a gravy until they are falling off the bone tender. If you grill or bake dove and duck until they are cooked through and through it will taste like liver.
                      This!

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                        Not sure if that's a compliment or an insult

I’d say that’s a compliment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm gonna add another vote to the blackbuck being the worst - I've tried it a few ways and it has been foul every time.

Have some friends that swear up and down that they can cook ram really well - i haven't been brave enough to try it yet though

Comment

Water buffalo sucked as well did Russian boar.

Comment

On the dove debate, they do have a liver like taste to them but I like liver so I like dove as well. One way we make them that is really good is to fillet the meat off the breast, soak in italian dressing or your favorite marinade, we put them on a kabob with shrimp, steak and maybe chicken, in between we put bacon on each side of the dove, hot pepper, onion, whatever you like on a kabob, grill it slow while basting it, when done get a big tortilla and place the kabob on it and pull the scure out, top with your pico and guacamole, pretty delish.

Comment

Cape Buffalo in Africa!!!!!
                                Everything else I had there was great even the Zebra, but hands down the worst thing I've ever tried to eat was that big old cape buffalo.

Comment

Working...
                                X