Dream hunt in US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Oh folks. Let’s make the funds unlimited so the price police don’t have to monitor this thread[emoji23][emoji23]
    I took it as a serious question as in he is seriously thinking of going on a hunt. Getting your hopes up for a hunt that isnt in the budget is no fun.. Sorry people answering the question honestly isnt what the all mighty smart wanted to hear

Comment

If the funds were unlimited I'd choose a Governors tag in the Henrys for mega giant 250''+ Muleys.....

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
        Fair enough. Just trying to broaden some horizons!

It really is a cool experience and this ranch actually likes bow hunters, which is not always the case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I think Mexico should be included. Is that place still invitation only, or will they take someone with cash in hand? You can PM me if so. Because that would be my dream hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
          Everyone saying moose has never looked into moose hunts.. There isnt a Guided moose hunt in North America I would go on for under 10K.. There are some good DIY Moose hunts in Alaska that you can do for around 5-6K.. And by the time you get airfare and all the other stuff lined out your gonna be around 10K....

All guided Caribou are pushing 10K now. Mtn Goat is around 12-14K..

You can go on a decent elk or Mule deer hunt for 10K... Lots of black bear hunts for under that. Mountain Lions are 2000-8000.. Antelope are cheap..
          Wow! When did that happen? I thought reindeer were fairly inexpensive to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
            Everyone saying moose has never looked into moose hunts.. There isnt a Guided moose hunt in North America I would go on for under 10K.. There are some good DIY Moose hunts in Alaska that you can do for around 5-6K.. And by the time you get airfare and all the other stuff lined out your gonna be around 10K....

All guided Caribou are pushing 10K now. Mtn Goat is around 12-14K..

You can go on a decent elk or Mule deer hunt for 10K... Lots of black bear hunts for under that. Mountain Lions are 2000-8000.. Antelope are cheap..
            You can find a good Canadian moose hunt for 10k.

Comment

Anything Big and up North.
              Moose, Elk, Caribou, Sheep, Grizzly, Mt Lion with Hounds, Wolf....

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                You can find a good Canadian moose hunt for 10k.
                You can but it is quite a bit smaller animal, well at least the antlers are.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                  You can but it is quite a bit smaller animal, well at least the antlers are.
                  Friends have killed Two B/C bulls two years. Yes you are hunting 55/60” with a few 65” bulls,

Comment

I want to hunt Blackbuck Antelope with a bow, but sure hope it don't cost 10 grand!

Trailboss

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss View Post
                      I want to hunt Blackbuck Antelope with a bow, but sure hope it don't cost 10 grand!

Trailboss
                      No, not 10K. I can probably find you a good one for around $6000.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
                        Wow! When did that happen? I thought reindeer were fairly inexpensive to hunt.
                        It didn't, there are plenty out there under 10k. He's talking mountain caribou, which are far more rare. Even still, you just need to do some research and not pick the first thing that pops up on the Google. I have a few in mind already, all under 8k for mountain caribou. If you don't need to eat like a king, and certainly not sleep like one, and are okay coming home empty handed, you can get one under $8k.

Now, if your whole goal is to be guaranteed a caribou and eat grand meals and sleep on a cot, then you will pay more. But then it's not hunting, and the fun is gone.
                        Last edited by WItoTX; 05-10-2018, 07:03 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          It didn't, there are plenty out there under 10k. He's talking mountain caribou, which are far more rare. Even still, you just need to do some research and not pick the first thing that pops up on the Google. I have a few in mind already, all under 8k for mountain caribou. If you don't need to eat like a king, and certainly not sleep like one, and are okay coming home empty handed, you can get one under $8k.

Now, if your whole goal is to be guaranteed a caribou and eat grand meals and sleep on a cot, then you will pay more. But then it's not hunting, and the fun is gone.

Quebec Labrador closed down. Mountain is 12-14k and woodland is 10-12k. So that’s 3 of the species that you can’t do for under 10K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                            I would do Sonora Mule Deer in Mexico (not sure if Mexico is on your list). I have been twice and am hoping to return in 2019. It is an incredible experience and I have not been on another hunt like it! Something about being in the desert a LONG way from any real civilization.
                            After watching Travis' video, I might lean this direction! Looks like a great hunt!
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Black Panther in East Texas

Comment

Originally posted by J-DUB View Post
                                Black Panther in East Texas
                                Lol, the mother of all hunts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X