Leave the Snake Alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
    So I guess anyone that falls off a building or tree stand is an idiot? They shouldn't have been up there. Or anyone that dies riding a bull, driving a race car,bungee jumping or scuba diving is an idiot? It's the same concept. We can all be accused of doing stupid things but if you do something dangerous that you love to do then to you it's not stupid. Anyone that does anything like that should know there's a risk involved. I wouldn't ride a bull or climb a rock wall because I'm scared. That doesn't make anyone that does it stupid. It just means I'm too big a ***** to do what they do and that's fine by me.

But I'm not gonna get on here and say someone did the world a service by dying so they can't procreate just because I wouldn't do something. It takes all kinds to make this world what it is.
    yep, look at Steve Irwin; killed by a stingray.
    he did a lot of things I would never think of doing; but I never thought he was stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      I know a guy that ran his fingers across a table saw. He's been a carpenter since I was a twinkle in my moms eye and never had any problems. It don't take but that one split second. A painless routine can turn into a painful experience scary fast.

But it's a learning experience. Most of the time. I'm very fortunate that I'm not dead as a hammer. Pain and mistakes is how I've learned most of the things that I know today. That's a big part of why I don't fault nobody for their mistakes in life. Trust me.....I'm a very understanding person. I've screwed up big time,time and time again.
      I work in a cabinet shop. We've had people get cut on saws, routers, shapers, etc. Every time the person was doing something stupid and it would have been completely avoidable if they had used their brains before they tried it.

Comment

True but just calling someone an idiot, especially someone you don't know, over the internet makes you look pretty and rude.

Was not the smartest move on the fellas part though. I've brought rat snakes home to help with rodent issues. But a timber rattler? Not on a dare.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
          I work in a cabinet shop. We've had people get cut on saws, routers, shapers, etc. Every time the person was doing something stupid and it would have been completely avoidable if they had used their brains before they tried it.
          Thanks for the comical and undeserved rude posts. I needed a good laugh. May we all be as wise and mistake free as you one day. And before you say it, I am a self admitted idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
            Thanks for the comical and undeserved rude posts. I needed a good laugh. May we all be as wise and mistake free as you one day. And before you say it, I am a self admitted idiot.
            Took the words right out of my mouth.....some peoples kids....smh.

Comment

Sad deal. RIP

Comment

I reckon you guys piling on (gene pools, idiots etc...) if you had the opportunity to speak to his wife today, would you say those things to her? Picking up snakes aint my thing but I've done plenty of stupid things that shoulda killed me. Guess some of you guys haven't ever made a bad decision or done something careless.

Comment

I give non-venomous snakes a pass. They're beneficial and don't bother me. I'm not scared of snakes and actually think they're cool. That said...

I will laugh in the face of anyone that says to give rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, copperheads, and even coral snakes the chance to leave peacefully. I get that the snake is probably more scared of me than I am of it - it should be because I'm going to kill it.

Not taking any chance of a snake I let slide getting one of my kids. Sorry, snake, just not your day.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                    He sounds like an avid outdoorsman who’s thoughts were in the right place but his hands weren’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Many a good deer have been passed up by hunters throughout the years because their hands weren't in the right place at the time the deer arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                      Many a good deer have been passed up by hunters throughout the years because their hands weren't in the right place at the time the deer arrived.
                      Brings good luck..or something.

Comment

Maybe ignorant would have been a better word. If he had knowledge of snakes and did that than stupid would be the fitting word but as mentioned above not really anyone's place to call him that since he cant defend himself.

Two rattlers around Texas, the Mojave and the Timber both require the same medical treatment vs other rattlers if not within an hour from a snake bite capable medical facility

1. Find a shade tree
                        2. Sit under the shade tree and sip some cool water
                        3. Die
                        4. There is no step four, you have completed your medical treatment program

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                          Took the words right out of my mouth.....some peoples kids....smh.
                          Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                          DEF in the fuel tank? I don't think so unless the previous owner let an idiot drive it. Somebody ain't bein honest. I'd give it back and run like heck!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

So you're an idiot if you put DEF in a fuel tank but not if you pick up a rattlesnake and get bit twice?

Comment

Should have cracked it like a whip (remember that thread?)

Sad deal. Prayers for his loved ones.

Comment

Working...
                            X