No announcement yet.

Infant Immunization yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife is a nurse practitioner, and we have fully vaccinated both of our daughters. The first question the clinic asks when parents bring in their sick kids is "Did you get them vaccinated?" And wouldn't you know it, most of the time the answer is no...

Comment

My doctor buddy dies a little each time this comes up.

Vaccinate your kids. The movement was started by false science and perpetuated via social media platforms and youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
        Don't be one of those people.
        Get the shots but you can space them out also.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
        Yep, my boys got all theirs but we spaced them out.

Comment

Get the 'stepped' schedule in doing it. Spread it out over a year or more.

Comment

My 2.5 year old 9 month old have received theirs. Both are perfectly healthy and doing great.

That said, we had a long talk with their doctor about it and got accurate information to make an informed decision.

Comment

Wait...you mean the contrails in the sky isn't the government poisoning all of us?

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                My doctor buddy dies a little each time this comes up.

Vaccinate your kids. The movement was started by false science and perpetuated via social media platforms and youtube.
                Exactly. Delete thread. Ban user.

It’s a non-debate.

Comment

The ASD/vaccination connection has been widely debunked after hundreds of studies. There are still people who believe it but the evidence is anecdotal. I understand why a parent would think that is the cause if an otherwise normal child started showing ASD symptoms shortly after getting shots but I think it is a causation/correlation problem. Even the "Autism Speaks' organization that once pushed the theory has disavowed it. Something is causing it - possibly drug or environmental related - but they can't seem to put a finger on it. There are lots of ongoing studies - currently there are several that seem to see a link with use of acetaminophen in infants and young children. It will probably turn out to be a combination of several things - maybe some environmental exposure in combination with certain drugs, in certain kids.

Comment

Vaccinate your kids. The only reason why non-vaccinated kids don't get sick is because most of these preventable diseases are non-existent for the most part due to all the other kids that actual did receive vaccinations.

Heck, I was asked to get a whooping cough shot when my first niece was born. Why, because apparently it was making a little come back due to you guessed it...people that decided the vaccination wasn't necessary.

There's nothing wrong with researching vaccinations and taking a moderate approach, however, there's a reason why kids in this country don't get measles, mumps, chicken pocks, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      I didn't want my kids to get all the diseases that vaccinations prevent, so I had them vaccinated. Neither of them has autism. Neither of them has ever had polio, smallpox, chickenpox, etc... either.
                      Same. I have a side of the family that are card carrying members of the anti-vaccine movement. You can find evidence to substantiate any view you want if you go looking for it.

Comment

You might not want to vaccinate your kids, but I sure as heck don't want my baby girl around kids that weren't vaccinated. The illnesses that we vaccinate our kids from are viruses, simple biology states that the only way to remove viruses is to remove suitable hosts. Once you stop vaccinating children you are supplying potential hosts, therefore allowing the viruses to spread.

As mentioned above Dr. Wakefield, who started the whole anti vaccination movement was discredited as he manipulated his data to show a correlation between vaccinations and the onset of autism. Its bad data, do not trust it. Meet with a good doctor and listen to what they have to say.

Comment

This is the route we took with our 3 year old and will do the same with #2.

Comment

When the question arose as to whether or not we would choose to make sure our son would be immune to all manner of terrible diseases which killed many thousands of people at one time....I thought the Dr was joking.

I put the non vaccinators in the same category as vegans, and those who don't know what gender they are....and avoid them like the plague....see what I did there?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              When the question arose as to whether or not we would choose to make sure our son would be immune to all manner of terrible diseases which killed many thousands of people at one time....I thought the Dr was joking.

I put the non vaccinators in the same category as vegans, and those who don't know what gender they are....and avoid them like the plague....see what I did there?
                              Yep

Comment

Why space them out ? The majority here think vaccines are great and there’s no harm so why space them out ? What’s the difference ?

Comment

Working...
                                X