Infant Immunization yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AWnNETX View Post
    X2. . I am usually one who avoids these topics of the forum because I tend to get too worked up if I comment. I am completely at peace with my family's thoughts and decisions on this topic and will politely agree to disagree on this topic with those I commented towards previously. It's early May and my energy is better spent chasing crappie with the kiddo!

AW - Out
    Common ground, we are all doing what we feel is best for our kids and because kids are involved it’s easy to get worked up (myself included) - enjoy the fishing

Comment

Yes Vaccinate

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
        Yes Vaccinate
        drop the mic...

Comment

Originally posted by Tcooper93 View Post
          Well...I thought I was out and now I'm back in. I am a pharmacist and I work for a pharma company that heals patients. We develop and yes, market antibiotics that CURE infections. Do we charge money for the antibiotics? Yes, we do so we can all have a job and develop more antibiotics when resistance emerges which it will always do! If you want to paint pharma as this evil empire just trying to take advantage of people then go ahead. But, try to actually learn from others that are on that side and maybe you will change your viewpoint. I am constantly amazed at the broad-brush generalization that are painted on this site.

You don't appear to be a big box pharmacist it seems, but. Do you push the flu shot? No offense, just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Last edited by Chad C; 05-03-2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

As someone that has a daughter coming in June, I am glad this thread was started. I started reading Dr. Sears website last night and need to do some more research. I personally believe there is a correlation with vaccines and autism. Just a gut feeling nothing else. I will be getting vaccines for my little girl but trying to figure out which ones needed, should I do combo vaccines, and if I should space them out. If you space them out, how should you space them out without being at too much of a risk for disease

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
              As someone that has a daughter coming in June, I am glad this thread was started. I started reading Dr. Sears website last night and need to do some more research. I personally believe there is a correlation with vaccines and autism. Just a gut feeling nothing else. I will be getting vaccines for my little girl but trying to figure out which ones needed, should I do combo vaccines, and if I should space them out. If you space them out, how should you space them out without being at too much of a risk for disease

If you're reading that side, read the other side as well. Paul Offitt The False Prophets of Autism.

Last edited by Chad C; 05-03-2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                You don't appear to be a big box pharmacist it seems, but. Do you push the flu shot? No offense, just curious.

Not sure what you mean by "push". But I am an advocate for the flu shot. I know it's not 100% effective but it saves a lot of lives every year from influenza-related complications.

Comment

drop the mic...
                  Which ones? All? Some? Most?

Comment

My wife is a physician. Our son is 12 and is up to date on all his vaccinations. He does not have autism.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

If you're worried about your kid getting the one bad cupcake, you're gonna be a freaking basket case when you have to put your kid behind the wheel of a car for the first time.
                      Truer words have never been spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by JonW View Post
                        If the government recommends it, why would anybody even question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        hahaaaa well done jon!

at the top, big pharma execs believe there are too many people on earth.

im starting to think many tbh-ers agree with that.

Comment

What I don't get is the responses, " I have blank many kids vaccinated and they don't have autism" I think we all understand on here the vaccinate vs anti vaccinate that most vaccinations will do no harm. What I think the discussion centers around is the small percentage of kids that seem to become autistic or have adverse lifetime effects that appear right after a vaccination. The argument is whether this small percentage is a causation between vaccinations or a coincidence. Is this risk greater than actually your child catching the disease the vaccine was designed to prevent. Some great insight has been put forth on both sides by a few level headed individuals. Then there is the passionate fluff group that basically throws insults towards the others side with no real intelligent insight as to their opinion in the debate.

I am on the fence but feel that their is a link somewhere and not a coincidence. You are putting poison toxins in someone to weaken them to make them stronger and resistant later. People have different allergies and responses and I think a small percentage have this adverse reaction. But hopefully in a few years we will have an answer to why autism went from not known about to everyone knowing someone affected.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                            As a former Epidemiologist that understands how to do studies and dissect studies I will tell you this about the link between vaccines and autism.

1. Every study that has found a link has been extremely flawed with either massive selection bias or not having standardized identification criteria.

2. Every study that has been straight forward without section bias has not found a link with vaccines. But they did find a link.

If both parents have IQs above 120 the increase in autistic children is 40%

If both parents have IQs above 140 this goes up to 100% increase in risk.

As IQ rises risk does exponentially.

This actually makes a great deal of sense as most high functioning autistic children possess Genius IQs. Telsa, Einstein, and many other of the great thinkers of history fall on the spectrum of autism.

Based on these figures, children of the average anti-vaccine parents have a risk factor of somewhere between 0 and 0.0000000016....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks to me like this is natural selection at work.

Comment

Well...I thought I was out and now I'm back in. I am a pharmacist and I work for a pharma company that heals patients. We develop and yes, market antibiotics that CURE infections. Do we charge money for the antibiotics? Yes, we do so we can all have a job and develop more antibiotics when resistance emerges which it will always do! If you want to paint pharma as this evil empire just trying to take advantage of people then go ahead. But, try to actually learn from others that are on that side and maybe you will change your viewpoint. I am constantly amazed at the broad-brush generalization that are painted on this site.
                                I agree yall create drugs to cure diseases or issues, in fact I'm popping allergy pills at a fast clip right now, but for people to be ignorant enough to act like vaccines or drugs dont have negative effects is ridiculous. Just watch a commercial from a pharma company advertise their newest product. They tell you how it cures A nice and slowly with eloquence and repeatedly. But at the end it tell you that your side affects may be B-Z as fast as they can and one time.

With mandatory vaccinations they dont tell you all that or give you choices. Again, my kids are vaccinated with most everything or maybe everything, but it's at a delayed schedule per our doctor and the research we have done. Our dr said he thinks they are good, but he also thinks the kids little bodies need time to mature a little before receiving the vaccines, he did it with his kids, and we do it with ours.

It also is humorous to me how many on here are anti government on so many fronts but believe they are the holy grail on this topic.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X