Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Best steak cut. You're probably wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned Montreal steak seasoning. We love it on steak. I like a ribeye, t-bone, or ny strip cooked very rare - just warm in the center. My wife likes hers medium which to me is almost ruined! Lol. I’d rather cook a steak at home than go out anytime. And I’ve been to Sullivan’s, Eddie V’s, Pappas Steakhouse, etc. - some top shelf places.

Comment

Ribeye is definitely the best combination of flavor and tenderness in my opinion. Filet is more tender but less flavorful, and benefits from saucing. If I’m eating filet at home, I’ll make a blue cheese/toasted walnut/butter sauce to put on it.

And medium rare please. I like them cut 2”+ and reverse seared or sous vide.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
        My favorite steak is the Prime Ribey cooked Smedium Rare on my pit over Mesquite Coals. Now, having said that, I just had the 2nd best Ribeye ever at Ramble Creek around the corner from you in Richmond off Grand Parkway. I've eaten steak from Texas to Montana to N.Y.. Anything over Medium Rare and you are ruining a steak.
        The old Ramble Creek or the new one? The new one did not disappoint last week when we tried it out.

Comment

Tenderloin cut 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inch thick. Pan seared in cast iron then finished in the oven to medium rare is my favorite, however, if I am cooking over coals ribeye is the go to for me. Season the way most have said above and medium rare.

Comment

My favorite is a Porterhouse. You get both the New York strip and fillet in one steak.

Comment

Rib eye then sirloin rare to medium rare. With pan fried tators with Hines 57 just on the tators.

Western Sky restaurant in Angelo cooks a dang good KC strip

Comment

Bone in ribeye is my all time favorite cut, but I also enjoy a good and thick filet.

Comment

Medium rare ribeye is my death row meal.

Comment

Pepper encrusted sirloin from the Cattlemans, Stockyards Ft Worth.
                    Anything else is good cooked at home!

Comment

I guess i'm the oddball that likes no fat. Give me a 16oz filet from Bob's all day long.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ribeye medium

Comment

OP - Try medium rare. It's another step up

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
                            For a special occasion, you should try Kirby’s prime steakhouse in San Antonio. It’s located at 123 N Loop 1604 Just West of Hwy 281

Agree with this. Went to Bob’s chop house last night for a friends bday & had an excellent medium rare ribeye but Kirby’s gets the nod from me.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0189.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	24538221

This is a dang good steak, going to wood fire it for supper tonight medium rare!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

12 oz tenderloin cut about 3" thick for the side, followed by a 2 1/2" ribeye bone in with sick marbling.

Comment

Working...
                                X