No announcement yet.

Best steak cut. You're probably wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will explain using pictures just so everyone on here is hungry at 8:45 in the morning.

Prime Fillet - kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, and a little Uncle Chris' Gourmet Steak Seasoning. Plus grilled sweet potato slices and veggies. Steak to medium rare over mesquite and charcoal.
    Attached Files

Comment

I honestly don't remember the last time I ate a steak. It was probably on a business trip at a restaurant or catered event and I just ordered "whatever" at medium. Probably a sirloin.

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      I prefer Pepper Crusted Backstrap!

Yes, that’s deer meat, and it’s not even close to medium, and it is soooooo wonderful it will make you mad at yourself for ever eating a beef steak!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm more like Bisch, I mainly eat venison backstrap... but grilled more to medium.

Comment

I'm a bone in rib-eye, medium rare. My wife is a filet, medium. I like the marbling of a good rib-eye. She says it's too fatty and too much meat. A filet is flavorful in it's own right, but just not enough meat for me. I have to eat too much bread or salad with a filet. I'd rather fill up on good meat than other stuff.

If I cook a pack of rib-eyes at home, she always leaves the cap for me. That's how i know she loves me.

Comment

Center cut beef tenderloin for me also..I got ruined about 15yrs ago.I'll cook ribeyes if they come from the butcher out West..Other than that beef tenderloin from HEB only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I am in total shock there aren't more T-Bone lovers on here.

T-Bone
            Sirloin or Filet
            both Med Rare

Cooked at home of course, very displeased with restaurants these days with their steak cooking

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
              I always love the "anything over rare is ruined" crowd. I'm a meat eater, but not a fan of grubbing on anything that's still bleeding.

Originally posted by Stevo96 View Post
              The juice in a steak if it's cooked rare, medium rare, etc. is not blood. It's water. Just sayin'

Technically a mixture of protein and water called myoglobin. But agreed not blood.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                I am in total shock there aren't more T-Bone lovers on here.

T-Bone
                Sirloin or Filet
                both Med Rare

Cooked at home of course, very displeased with restaurants these days with their steak cooking
                I am a big porterhouse fan if that counts.

Comment

You lost me when you typed well done. I like a rare rib eye, reverse seared at my house. I am disappointed every time I buy a restaurant steak. For my reverse sear I like it at 200 until desired degree of rare inside, rested for at least 15 minutes. Then its to a mesquite grill with 6 inch flames coming up through the bars. It stays on the grill just long enough to put a crusty bark on the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
                    OK guys and gals, I love me a good USDA Prime Ribeye cooked rare, but you whip up some blue cheese butter and slap it on there and you can tell your wife she can take the night off because, well you know there are children present and I can't say that on here.
                    Seared rare/med rare with blue cheese and a bottle of Malbec. Ho Lee Chit batman.

Comment

Working...
                    X