X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prime rib rare with horseradish

Comment

Rib eye
      My 82 year old mother was raised on a farm/ranch near Zephyr, Texas. She grew up eating steak/beef. She hates steak and has told me her siblings also hatted steak/beef. Believe it or not a special treat to my mom was eating bologna growing up! Now she likes ground beef or chicken, fruits & vegetables but no steak. Weird? Not weird!

Comment

Originally posted by Efren View Post
        Well, we went to dinner last night at Saltgrass and we both ordered our steaks medium rare. Holy cow!! I've been eating steak wrong this whole time!!! I had my usual ribeye and the wife had her filet. Amazing! Now to perfect that cooking temp at home.
        Now, next time you are in EP go back to Cattlemans and get the filet or cowgirl (t-bone) med rare.

It is one of the top rated steakhouses in the country, and not to be confused with the chain. No relation.

And their beef rib appetizer are some of the best ribs I have ever bitten into.

Comment

Ribeye for me..or NY strip... rare to medium rare.

Comment

Bison ribeye rare.

Comment

Porterhouse is great. Top for me is NY strip. Has to be grade prime, of course. Cooked medium rare, with a touch of hickory smoke.

Comment

Ribeye 1st choice, then fillet both medium and occasionally prime rib

Comment

ribeye or bone-in ribeye are my favorites; medium rare of course.

I do really like a filet as well. It really just depends on how I'm feeling. Sometimes I feel like a fatty, marbled ribeye, why other times, I feel like a leaner filet. Both have excellent flavor.

I can cook a decent steak at home, but it's tough to top the prime chop houses. Most the time at home I prefer to stick with whatever is on sale at the store; i.e. new York strip, ribeye, T-bone, whatever. I rather spend money at a high end place for aged beef.

Oh and last time I was at a prime steakhouse, they had an off the menu bone-in filet. Absolutely spectacular.

Comment

****. I need a steak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

OK guys and gals, I love me a good USDA Prime Ribeye cooked rare, but you whip up some blue cheese butter and slap it on there and you can tell your wife she can take the night off because, well you know there are children present and I can't say that on here.

Comment

steak

Medium rare T-bone or Ribeye here

Comment

LOL great story

As a native gringo Texan who was married to a mexican national for 20 years, I understand the well done thing. Caused many a arguments as I am a rare medium rare and no one can cook a better steak than the one I make in my back yard kinda guy.

Do yourself a favor, splurge on a 1.5" bone in ribeye seasoned with nothing more than salt and pepper. Prime Cuts only. This is key.

Grill over mesquite or carbon (not briquets) for 4 minutes, flip and 4 more (each grill is different) you will be transformed

Good Luck !!

Comment

Man have any of you guys heard about the steak locker? Thinking about getting one for the new house. It's a dry aging fridge for the steaks. Going to put some ribeyes and new York's in there.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                              Man have any of you guys heard about the steak locker? Thinking about getting one for the new house. It's a dry aging fridge for the steaks. Going to put some ribeyes and new York's in there.
                              Keep us updated

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                                That is interesting, let us know how well it works.

Comment

Working...
                                X