Things to do in New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to do in New York

Gonna be up there next Wednesday for a five days. Any cool places to see? We're already missed out on the statue, that was already booked in January. Good pizza place? We're aware starting over in NJ if that helps any.

Other than the big city, I’ve always heard the country out there was beautiful, I’ve always wanted to go see for myself.

Comment

Get on Trip Advisor and start searching. I found a lot of good information. We took the Staton Island Ferry during the day and at night for views of the Statue and the city lights. I really enjoyed that trip. Oh yeah, its free! We stayed in a hotel near Grand Central Station(Hampton Inn) and went to eat at Patsy's Pizzeria near our hotel. We loved it. We had 5 in our group and ate family spaghetti and pizza. You won't be disappointed. We were there at Christmas so the sites will be a little different perspective now. If whoever you are going with likes to shop, make the trip on the subway to Chinatown and Little Italy. We really enjoyed an evening walking through those shops. I would post some pictures but its frustratingly difficult since I can't just post them without a **** process.

Comment

Leave...

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
          Leave...

Comment

We went for thanksgiving this past year. Had a blast. Did so much that i can't remember it all. Lots of good pizza everywhere. The cheaper, crappier looking places were better than the nicer places. Chinatown, Little italy, walk the brooklyn bridge, Central park, Take a tour of 30 Rock and go to the top (Rockefeller Center), boat tour if you have time, times square to see the sights, subway if you've never taken one.

Comment

Take a foodie tour they’re cheap and cover a handful of blocks. We did them for Greenwich Village and Meat Packing District.

Comment

Hit Wall st, 9/11 Memorial, Irish potato famine tribute, Staten Isl ferry(it is free) All in same area. For food, Midtown NYC, Carmines all the way. In Theater district. I'd tell you to go see Yankee stadium, but its not the same place anymore. The Bronx Zoo and Arthur ave(little Italy in Da Bronx) are close to each other.
                Bring your camo, I'll come get you. Turkey season opens May 1st
                Please be aware, a lot of stupid stuff happens to tourists. Traffic and chaos all over . Cabs are crazy, watch them when crossing. Don't stand on a corner with a map in your hand looking clueless. NYPD all over. Ask them for directions. They are glad to be of service.
                PM inbound

Comment

9/11 Memorial is absolutely amazing. The exhibits and detail are one of a kind.

Little Italy had some of the best food I have ever tasted. The atmosphere was just as I wanted it.

Central Park was great. Beautiful setting in a bunch of otherwise cold environment.

The MET is right next to Central Park and was a really good time as well.

Comment

Be sure to check out the Natural History Museam

Comment

Leave...

Comment

Leave...
                        I agree.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, this is a family vacation so leaving is not really a option. Although it wasn't my first choice I'm going to make the best of it.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                            Although it wasn't my first choice I'm going to make the best of it.
                            Atta boy...good attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                              Thanks for the suggestions, this is a family vacation so leaving is not really a option. Although it wasn't my first choice I'm going to make the best of it.
                              While I hate NY as a place to live or spend a lot of time in. It really is a very cool place to visit. Guarantee you will like it, and all of the places and things they have to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X