Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    While I hate NY as a place to live or spend a lot of time in. It really is a very cool place to visit. Guarantee you will like it, and all of the places and things they have to do.
    I really love New York, great place to visit, if you like Chinese food and shopping (think knifes, binoculars,ect )
    Head down to canal street/ china town,
    I love to eat so I recommend going to crift dogs in the east village
    Get yelp app and just start walking or Uber's get
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 04-20-2018, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Get a rope.

Comment

You can do a bus tour and they stop near all the tourist attractions.

Comment

I’m not a world traveler but I’ve been a few places. NYC is, hands down, my favorite place so far! We spent five days and didn’t really “do” much. We did a lot of walking and looking and didn’t see but a small fraction. I can’t wait to get back. Pizza is everywhere and is good and mostly inexpensive. We ate off the food carts a time or two. The subway is cool and convenient. What part of town are y’all staying in?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
            While I hate NY as a place to live or spend a lot of time in. It really is a very cool place to visit. Guarantee you will like it, and all of the places and things they have to do.
            ^^This^^ All those saying to leave have probably never been there. I know because that was me before my first trip. I would definitely go back. There's so much to do. Folks say the Empire State Building is a must, but I prefer the top of Rockefeller Center. It's taller and gives a much better view of Central Park & other things. If you are into photography, B&H Camera for sure. For the computer geek, there's the Apple store. Holocaust museum is very moving.

Comment

Lombardi'! It's in Little Italy. It's supposedly the oldest pizzeria in America. We had pizza from several places and Lombardi's was the best for sure. I loved Little Italy. A traditional NYC pizza with a Yuengling draft is hard to beat! There are many places that sell mediocre pizza at best...make sure you go to the right place(s)!!

Comment

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
                Lombardi'! It's in Little Italy. It's supposedly the oldest pizzeria in America. We had pizza from several places and Lombardi's was the best for sure. I loved Little Italy. A traditional NYC pizza with a Yuengling draft is hard to beat! There are many places that sell mediocre pizza at best...make sure you go to the right place(s)!!

This. Very good food, great atmosphere. Little Italy is cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                  Thanks for the suggestions, this is a family vacation so leaving is not really a option. Although it wasn't my first choice I'm going to make the best of it.
                  With this being a family vacation be sure to visit Grand Central Station. If you have time read up on the history of the mural on the ceiling before you go. We rode the subway all over the place. We got the week pass for each person. My wife recommends all the major attractions. We went to the Natural History Museum, www.amnh.org, which I highly recommend. Take the subway down to the Staton Island Ferry after dark. The view of the statue was awesome! Interestingly, tonight I have a different option available to post pics....
                  Attached Files

Comment

The photos were just taken with my phone. You can get really good pics if you have a good camera. Remember the ferry is FREE!!
                    Last edited by rhester; 04-20-2018, 09:58 PM. Reason: Add text

Comment

Originally posted by rhester View Post
                      The photos were just taken with my phone. You can get really good pics if you have a good camera. Remember the ferry is FREE!!
                      I second this program and a visit to the World Trade Center is truly sobering
                      Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

Man I was absolutely amazed by Central Park. Something that beautiful and pristine in the middle of all that amazed me. Lots of great stuff listed above you will enjoy it. Don’t waste a bunch of time at Time Square go soak in all of the other stuff.

Comment

I never wanted to go the New York, however, my wife did so we compromised and went to New York in December. It was by far the best vacation I have been on. Loved it so much going back in November for a week. We stayed right in Times Square. Like others have said you HAVE to see the 9/11 memorial and museum. Buy your tickets beforehand or there is a kiosk on the back of the building; the line is long at the window. Central Park was great and for restaurants, I would recommend Pj Clarks. This was by far the best restaurant we went to. Take comfortable shoes and get the week-long subway pass. You don't think you will need it but you will. Go see a Broadway show if you can. I saw Book of Morman and it was awesome but its not for kids. Enjoy

Comment

once your in new york, head for home as fast as possible,,, nothing better to be done!!!!

Comment

If nothing else 9/11 museum/grounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X