question to the roofing guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by breadman View Post
    I understand that process and what your saying . but my case is a bit different. my insurance company has already given me the check minus my deductible to replace my shingled roof. but I want to upgrade to a metal roof wich is more $$$ so I will be paying the difference my self . I`ve had the same insurance company for decades and they have taken very good care of me with no complaints at all . so the door to my insurance is CLOSED and the door to my wallet is opened . but the roofers I`ve incountered all insist on trying to involve my insurance company before giving me a quote . and I do not and will not involve my insurance company any futher. so as a customer my thoughts of good salesman and a good sales approach would be to quote a replacment cost of the existing roof and use your sales ability to up grade the customer to a better quality of roof with different quality of products , warranty etc. and again if I had no insurance and just wanted a new roof would it be a different approach from the roofer/SALESMAN ? when my water heater burst and ruined my floors I had none of these issues with the flooring companys . they gave me quotes and I liked one of them and I payed for it . and yes I upgraded my floors and paid the difference out of my pocket . so now do you see my point in all of this ? thanks to all you guys for our input these threads are informative and very entertaining . but we should stop this thread here because I don't foresee me changing my thoughts or ways of handling my business . thanks again to all you guys roofers/salesmen included.

See how good of a salesman I am! The whole story comes out and I know what I’m dealing with. Lol

You asked the reason why they ask for your paper work and hopefully I explained why. A good sales guy would have asked some better lead questions instead of just saying I need to see your paperwork. Good luck to you and hopefully someone puts a good roof over your head!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post
      I understand that process and what your saying . but my case is a bit different. my insurance company has already given me the check minus my deductible to replace my shingled roof. but I want to upgrade to a metal roof wich is more $$$ so I will be paying the difference my self . I`ve had the same insurance company for decades and they have taken very good care of me with no complaints at all . so the door to my insurance is CLOSED and the door to my wallet is opened . but the roofers I`ve incountered all insist on trying to involve my insurance company before giving me a quote . and I do not and will not involve my insurance company any futher. so as a customer my thoughts of good salesman and a good sales approach would be to quote a replacment cost of the existing roof and use your sales ability to up grade the customer to a better quality of roof with different quality of products , warranty etc. and again if I had no insurance and just wanted a new roof would it be a different approach from the roofer/SALESMAN ? when my water heater burst and ruined my floors I had none of these issues with the flooring companys . they gave me quotes and I liked one of them and I payed for it . and yes I upgraded my floors and paid the difference out of my pocket . so now do you see my point in all of this ? thanks to all you guys for our input these threads are informative and very entertaining . but we should stop this thread here because I don't foresee me changing my thoughts or ways of handling my business . thanks again to all you guys roofers/salesmen included.
      The only benefit I can see from allowing someone to see your insurance paperwork is to make sure the adjuster has accounted for everything that should be replaced, and to make sure the adjuster measures the roof correctly. No honest roofer should have any issue with providing a quote first, and then you and him sit down and make sure the insurance company paid you correctly if there is a major discrepancy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
        The only benefit I can see from allowing someone to see your insurance paperwork is to make sure the adjuster has accounted for everything that should be replaced, and to make sure the adjuster measures the roof correctly. No honest roofer should have any issue with providing a quote first, and then you and him sit down and make sure the insurance company paid you correctly if there is a major discrepancy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

When you say honest roofer, and I understand why the profession has a bad wrap but, what makes a roofer looking at your paperwork dishonest?

If you’ve been paid all of the claim upfront, like the original poster, then by all means negotiate an upgrade, extra work etc. If the insurance company held back depreciation, you better make dang sure you know what you’re doing when filing completion paperwork or you’ll be put more money than you thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like you are in Huntsville, Tx. I would highly recommend Utopia Roofing. I've used them twice and have referred several people to them who were extremely glad they used them. They'll be done usually in a days time and cleanup 100%!! One of the guys I told them about almost did not use them because he thought they waaay underbid the job, an insurance job. David at Utopia said they don't bid based on insurance claims, but the job alone. If you haven't talked to them, they are well worth the call. Very honest guys!! 936-661-4429

Comment

Working...
          X