Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Southwest Airlines Emergency Landing.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it said a window got busted out by the motor debris. How do you get partially sucked out of a window? Maybe head first and couldn't breathe?

Comment

2nd occurrence in the last few days, they had some trouble in New Orleans a few days ago..

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
        I thought it said a window got busted out by the motor debris. How do you get partially sucked out of a window? Maybe head first and couldn't breathe?
        The vacuum created by that has to be just incredible. I had the same thought. I’m big enough I don’t think I could get more than my head out those windows. Really bad deal.

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
          Wow - I’m impressed at the calmness of the dispatch and the damaged aircraft personnel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Most pilots are bad arses...probably freaking out inside, but through training and sheer willpower are able to maintain composure and control. They have to in order to save lives when the poop hits the fan. I was in a small plane with a friend/pilot when the aircraft ran out of fuel. You know what he said? "I hate when that happens". I almost crapped myself. He stayed cool as a cucumber and recovered the situation without so much as a hint of outward fear. Very sad that the passenger died. I'm sure there will be many that blame themselves, but these are big, powerful, complicated machines and it's a miracle it doesn't happen more often.

Comment

F flying

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
              F flying
              I concur....

Comment

F flying
                X2!

Comment

You boys are wimps

Comment

I fly everywhere I can- It is much safer than driving down the highway. Horrible incident. Prayers for friends and family.

Comment

I believe she actually died of a heart attack. The guy that pulled her back in is the husband of a coworker of mine. We were all in NY for a company trip. We went to the Yankees game together the night before. We flew American into DFW they flew SW into love. He actually blocked the window with his body for a while. He is a big guy about 6’6” 260. Great guy and a hero in his own right. Prayers for all involved. It had our company shook up for a bit. We had 5 agents with our insurance company and their spouse on that plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Head Hunter View Post
                        I believe she actually died of a heart attack. The guy that pulled her back in is the husband of a coworker of mine. We were all in NY for a company trip. We went to the Yankees game together the night before. We flew American into DFW they flew SW into love. He actually blocked the window with his body for a while. He is a big guy about 6’6” 260. Great guy and a hero in his own right. Prayers for all involved. It had our company shook up for a bit. We had 5 agents with our insurance company and their spouse on that plane.
                        I had read via the NY Times that she had sustained a large facial wound due to flying debris from the engine that had busted the window. Sounds like she had lost a lot of blood. I assumed that’s what had led to her demise.

Comment

F flying
                          Yep. Watch enough episodes of Air Disasters on The Smithsonian Channel and you’ll give up on those overseas hunting trips real fast. A bucket-list hunt may be your bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                            Certainly can't breath hanging out at 32k feet at 500 mph.
                            Also, likely broke her neck going through that window. She never felt a thing.
                            Terrible

Comment

Wow that is unreal prayers out to the family!

Comment

Listening to just the tone of the conversation between the pilot and the tower you would have no idea something went catastrophically wrong. I heard this morning that the lady flying the plane was one of the first female F-18 pilots. Nerves of steel.

Comment

Working...
                                X