This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oktx's Official CFB Thread - Spring Season

The “proven program” under Bowden was in the tank for several seasons for the most part before Jimbo was the HC. Bowden has one blip with a 9 win season a year or two before fisher. I assume Colorado is still a proven program in 2007 with their NC in 1990 if Jimbo would have went there instead of FSU.

What happens in the 90’s in FSU considering Bowden’s historic tank job had zero bearing on Jimbo’s success in turning around FSU. Florida was the go to state program as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
      The “proven program” under Bowden was in the tank for several seasons for the most part before Jimbo was the HC. Bowden has one blip with a 9 win season a year or two before fisher. I assume Colorado is still a proven program in 2007 with their NC in 1990 if Jimbo would have went there instead of FSU.

What happens in the 90’s in FSU considering Bowden’s historic tank job had zero bearing on Jimbo’s success in turning around FSU. Florida was the go to state program as well.

All those vacated wins.

Jimbo was on the staff, the recruiting was still churning out top 10 classes before his anointment. The program was not out of sorts IMHO. He took the reigns and continued to recruit well. He didn’t have a rebuild on his hands and had a relationship with the recruits and kids on the team.

I suppose FSU was headed back into the tank with last years performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Chad C; 07-25-2018, 05:50 AM.

Comment

9-3
        3rd in the West

This assumes we fall to Clemson, Bama, and Auburn.

I’m going out in a limb to say we continue with the Arkansas win streak but break the one against LSU.

I feel like Arkansas and the Ags are a tough read this year. With Morris taking over and his style of offense, they’re going to beat somebody they’re not suppose to.

The Dickey higher by Jimbo and the way it is likely to alter the offense Fisher is known to run is another change that may have a significant impact on the record in 2018.

9-3 would be big, especially big if Herman doesn’t get his yacht pointed in the right direction.
        Last edited by Chad C; 07-25-2018, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          Jimbo was on the staff, the recruiting was still churning out top 10 classes before his anointment. The program was not out of sorts IMHO. He took the reigns and continued to recruit well. He didn’t have a rebuild on his hands and had a relationship with the recruits and kids on the team.

I suppose FSU was headed back into the tank with last years performance.

FSU was in the dumpster for years at Bowden’s decline. It wasn’t until Jimbo came as OC did it start to improve. I’m not making this up.

It would also be silly to discredit any success Herman had or is going to and point to the past NC or a proven program as the reason.

Comment

FSU was in the dumpster for years at Bowden’s decline. It wasn’t until Jimbo came as OC did it start to improve. I’m not making this up.

It would also be silly to discredit any success Herman had or is going to and point to the past NC or a proven program as the reason.

He’s a good coach at 17-10 versus ranked teams.

I’m not discrediting. Its why I think it will be interesting to see him build his own squad.

Last edited by Chad C; 07-25-2018, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Y’all buying?

So after USC and tcu, Texas has only 1 possible top 25 game at home?

Ags play possibly top 2 teams in the country and 6 teams projected in top 25

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post

It was in reference to the home schedule rah and how bad they’ve been versus the SEC on their home turf.... I’m asking if you’re buying in on the Ags soft home schedule for win total.

Comment

He’s a good coach at 17-10 versus ranked teams.

I’m not discrediting. Its why I think it will be interesting to see him build his own squad.

A&M left him more than enough talent. I would argue he’s in a better position now to win than what he took over at FSU.

Comment

A&M left him more than enough talent. I would argue he’s in a better position now to win than what he took over at FSU.

Saved....

Comment

Interesting thought considering they went 20, 12, 11 and 8 in recruiting all while he was OC going into his first season as head coach and these were kids being recruited for his style.

Ags have plenty of talent.

Last edited by Chad C; 07-25-2018, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post

TCU may not be in the top 25 if they get throttled by Ohio State

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                          TCU may not be in the top 25 if they get throttled by Ohio State
                          Your pessimistic attitude ain't gonna will them to a victory that's fo sho

Comment

Debbie downers are annoying. Have faith in your team. Get excited about the upcoming season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a hypothetical. Just like the rest of the stuff stated higher on the page. Nobody knows.

GP will have a couple of surprises ready. Should be a fun game.

Comment

I wasn't necessarily referring to you. Mainly those that call anyone with positive hopes a sunshine pumper.

Comment

Working...
                                X