This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    Texas has added 5,500 season tickets this year. That pushes the total over 54,000. This is the second straight year of big gains in season tickets. The fans are coming back believing Herman is the guy.

Cool![emoji106]

Comment

National Championships are the goal at the University of Texas. Baseball and football.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        National Championships are the goal at the University of Texas. Baseball and football.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So, no doubt Herman will win a national championship? [emoji23]

Glad y’all are drinking the cool aid. Just a reminder in case you forgot about these same brash statements with Chollie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Texas has added 5,500 season tickets this year. That pushes the total over 54,000. This is the second straight year of big gains in season tickets. The fans are coming back believing Herman is the guy.

That’s good for business!

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post

Only W's will fill em up . .

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post

With attendance down across the country, yes it is. This tells me two things, Texas fans saw enough of year one with Herman to believe he’s going to win at Texas to keep buying tickets. Usually a new coach is going to give you a bump in season tickets, but in year two as well it’s a good sign. Texas does have a loyal group of fans but the majority of its fans in Austin would rather spend their time / money elsewhere in Austin if Texas is not winning. While Austin has great advantages to recruiting, it can hurt you in attendance as there so much going on and so much to do.

Second (and previously discussed on here), good non-conference schedules like USC at home this year help with season tickets numbers. I’m not a fan of playing A&M if Texas has to drop their blue blood game and I’m not a fan of Texas playing the toughest schedule in the country if they add A&M to the blue blood and 9 conference games they currently have.

Comment

With the number of new students every year.. new students..new fans in seats...wouldnt that be a contributing factor to the number of seats sold and need for 'expansion' to accomodate this new influx... not necessarily.. old fans coming back..?
                I would think.. and actually did think that Texas had a VERY strong fan base that didnt ever really leave..ya'll are dedicated and loyal to the bone ..win/lose/lose..lose..
                ...so the thought that this new coach and this program (as promising as it absolutely looks right now in the media)..somehow brought fans back ..is strange to me.

Comment

oktx's Official CFB Thread - Spring Season

These numbers don’t include student tickets and many people just out of college aren’t buying season tickets. That comes later in life as their income grows and priority changes.

I know lots of folks that left because Texas was not winning and now they are back to buying season tickets.

Comment

These numbers don’t include student tickets and many people just out of college aren’t buying season tickets. That comes later in life as their income grows and priority changes.
                    I know a lot of parents that kids got accepted and they began putting in their orders for season tickets the next day... some have been planning that part long before their kid even applied

Comment

I know lots of folks that left because Texas was not winning and now they are back to buying season tickets.
                      You can't really blame BoB.. he put his heart and soul into the strong-era and got burnt real bad....
                      but the rest of them.. aren't fans.. just people that can afford seats.

Comment

CDC got smart with students. It’s gonna work out well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

oktx's Official CFB Thread - Spring Season

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          You can't really blame BoB.. he put his heart and soul into the strong-era and got burnt real bad....

but the rest of them.. aren't fans.. just people that can afford seats.

This is where I disagree. I bleed burnt orange as anyone but when Texas isn’t winning, I’m questioning my ROI (financially and time) spent with season tickets. I could not buy season tickets, catch a game or two a season and save myself a ton of money on tickets, trips to Austin, tailgating, donation, parking, etc. My season parking pass is $1K alone.

There is a big difference between being a fan and being a fan with season tickets. It’s pretty simple math, the more you win (or hope of winning) season tickets goes up. Now college football like many other sports is having attendance issues but that’s a whole different conversation,

Last edited by Heath; 07-21-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Texas is Back!

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                              Texas is Back!

Steps in the right direction.

Good news for Texas we are familiar with the territory. [emoji6]

Comment

Steps in the right direction.

Good news for Texas we are familiar with the territory. [emoji6]
                                My exact thoughts!

Comment

Working...
                                X