Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the lamest reason you have ever been pulled over for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 5-6 years ago an officer was coming the other way on Broadway in Alamo Heights and he did a Tokyo Drift U-turn right after passing me and flipped the lights on. I pulled over, he walked up and said "huh, I guess that's an '8' not a '3'...thought your registration was expired". He scanned the sticker with his gizmo and walked away...told me to drive safe. I really didn't think it warranted that level of excitement

Other one was when I was 15 I had my permit and my Dad was riding passenger...got pulled over b/c the officer thought I looked too young. Couldn't fault him for that one
    Last edited by JonBoy; 04-12-2018, 07:57 AM.

Comment

What is the lamest reason you have ever been pulled over for?

I've taught my officers over the years to enforce the traffic laws within reason and good judgment. Use discretion when you can and enforce the laws when it is in the best interest of society at keeping the streets safe. With that said if you profile anyone or only stop speeders you are missing out on catching the most dangerous criminals and danger to society. Criminals knows no face/ethnicity/religious faith/or social status. They come in all shapes colors and sizes!!! So for those LE doing the jobs keep on keeping on. And for you knucklehead officers who are too black and white about the law try interpreting the color of the law and not the letter of the law. That's all I've got on this thread!!! Ghost is OUT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got pulled over for speeding while riding a bicycle. There was a speed trap at the bottom of a hill in a residential area of Ft Worth and he clocked me going 35 in a 25 mph zone. I was actually kind of proud of that one.

Comment

100% of every DOT stop ever...

They are the ultimate in bureaucratic bull****. If you think the IRS is a steaming pile, you aint never dealt with the DOT.

Comment

Ticket for not wearing a DOT approved helmet when riding a motorcycle

Comment

you know what......I will be 50 years old in September and have been driving on public roadways since I was 16.
              Strange thing is, I have never, not one time, been pulled over by any type of law enforcement.
              How does this happen? I mean, I do things EVERYDAY that warrant a ticket from speeding, to rolling through stop signs, not using turn signals, etc..... but yet, nothing

Comment

I was coming home from the lease a few years ago with the 4-wheeler and lots of hunting stuff in the back of my truck. It was dark, but not real late - probably 9-9:30 p.m. between Loving and Jacksboro.
                One lane highway each way, and state trooper passed me going the other way.
                He quickly turned around and pulled me over - because he saw the hunting stuff in the truck, he wanted to sniff around a bit.
                He told me I had a rear brake light out (how could he tell when he gave chase since I hadn't touched my brakes until he lit up?).
                He ran my license, discovering I hadn't been ticketed in over 30 years. He told me to change the light bulb asap.

Comment

Going 24mph in a 20mph neighborhood

I was picking up my younger sister from a friends house and was pulled over. When the officer came to my truck he told me " going pretty fast with a young one in the truck" (really lol). When he told me I was going 24mph i told him that i thought neighborhood speed limits were 30mph, he said they normally are but not in this neighborhood.

Long story short he gave me a ticket.

Comment

One license plate not working. Got a warning.

Comment

I got a ticket for not having my turn signal on long enough before turning

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Katy,TX 3 months ago .......not turning my headlights on 30 minutes before official sunset time.
                        Lol. It's not near as bad as it used to be.

When I was 5-6 years old I got pulled over two houses down from my own because my dog wasn't on a leash. He wrote my mom a ticket! Gene Cullins was his name, RIP.

Had a friend that got taken to jail for riding his bicycle backwards! They really just wanted to question him about some vehicle burglaries that he new nothing about. Turns out it was David Temple that made the paper on that deal. Yea, that David Temple.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
                          you know what......I will be 50 years old in September and have been driving on public roadways since I was 16.
                          Strange thing is, I have never, not one time, been pulled over by any type of law enforcement.
                          How does this happen? I mean, I do things EVERYDAY that warrant a ticket from speeding, to rolling through stop signs, not using turn signals, etc..... but yet, nothing
                          Wow. I'm the exact opposite. I've been pulled over and ticketed so many times I couldn't begin to count. I got seven tickets and a "follow me to the station" in one day on two different stops! Three of them were duplicates!

Comment

I got pulled over one time in Rivera for no seatbelt. I always wear my seatbelt. what makes it funny, is the DPS officer that pulled me over was on the opposite side of HWY 77, a 4 lane road with shoulders and a median, writing a ticket when I passed him. he caught me about 5 miles down the road and said he saw me without it when I turned on to 77. guess some folks do have eyes on the back of their heads.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                              I was coming home from the lease a few years ago with the 4-wheeler and lots of hunting stuff in the back of my truck. It was dark, but not real late - probably 9-9:30 p.m. between Loving and Jacksboro.
                              One lane highway each way, and state trooper passed me going the other way.
                              He quickly turned around and pulled me over - because he saw the hunting stuff in the truck, he wanted to sniff around a bit.
                              He told me I had a rear brake light out (how could he tell when he gave chase since I hadn't touched my brakes until he lit up?).
                              He ran my license, discovering I hadn't been ticketed in over 30 years. He told me to change the light bulb asap.
                              So did you have a brake light out?

Comment

I was a new student at UTA, and happened to be following an Arlington PD car. I followed him on a left-hand turn trying to get into the south campus parking lot. He let me pass, then stopped and wrote me a ticket for illegal left hand turn. I start arguing I was just following him, and he asked if I would like to go to jail.

Comment

Working...
                                X