Need a new South Padre guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
    I have met them both, super nice folks, just never fished with them.
    Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    based on reading their articles I have always wanted to fish with them but never have

Well amigos, we may just have to work something out...been a long while since I've been, but been fishing with Fred & Janie since my 20's.

Plus I just happen to have a place to stay about 3 blocks from the dock.

Launching from Laguna Vista is a joy in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      Well amigos, we may just have to work something out...been a long while since I've been, but been fishing with Fred & Janie since my 20's.

The guide I used to use launched from that private ramp as well that The Pettys also use. Nice place.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

We spend a week in LV every year but use the private launch at SPI Golf

Comment

I could actually get a key to the ramp but see no reason...no desire to own a boat. Using a guide is the way to go if you aren't the water all the time.

I may start using the place / petty's again if tp&w ever sees fit to raise the limits.

Comment

Fished with Jack Barton last summer and will again this summer. He got us on some nice reds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Need a new South Padre guide

Originally posted by caa4612 View Post
              Fished with Jack Barton last summer and will again this summer. He got us on some nice reds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jack is awesome for boat fishing and even better if you have kids!

We fished with him yearly for 6-7 years until I started taking my own boat.

One of our last trips with Jack
              Last edited by bboswell; 04-12-2018, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                Jack is awesome for boat fishing and even better if you have kids!

We fished with him yearly for 6-7 years until I started taking my own boat.

One of our last trips with Jack
                That is some dang good eating right there!!!!

Comment

I guide on Baffin Bay. South King Ranch and Kenedy shorelines, very low boat traffic and competition. I only do Sightcasting on the flats in 4-8" of water. For skilled Fly and lure enthusiasts. We usually catch and release or keep 1-3 fish for the grease.

Comment

Another vote for Jack Barton. He's great with kids/families. He is an SPI native, navigates different points without GPS. No other recommendations needed. Close thread, mic drop.

Comment

I called White Sands yesterday and got the names of the guides they are currently holding business cards for and "recommend". Cliff Fleming, Lou Austin and Gary Farmer, who all run out of there, and John Barrera that runs out of Hi-Way Bait Stand under the bridge.

I have seen Lou Austin on the water before but know nothing about the 4 other than the posts on the Facebook pages I could find for them.

Comment

I've met Sammy and Skipper Mock...both seem to be great guys! Clayton is apparently the nephew of the other two and has a good reputation.

Skipper won some prizes in this weekend's AMI Kids tourney in some really tough conditions. I talked to Sammy yesterday after a trip and he picked up some solid fish for clients in less than ideal conditions, as well.

Skipper Ray seems to be a prominent force in tourneys I fish down here, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

We have a condo there and Ive used SEVERAL. My favorites are Ernest Cisneros if you're wanting to wade fish and Skipper Mock if not into wade fishing. Both are solid choices. Even caught snook down there. Let us know how it goes!

Comment

Working...
                          X