New Mexico draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
    Praise the Lord, I drew Unit 34 Archery Elk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You are one of 24 NR's to draw that. I went ride along there a couple of years ago with a buddy. It was really fun.

Comment

Originally posted by RCDuck View Post
      Trust me... I know about 34 elk... didn't draw it. The original quote was in reference to a Late archery mule deer tag... still somewhat long odds, but not comparable to 34 or 16's archery elk.
      Sorry, I got you and that nice guy who drew 34 mixed up. With that said any of the 2’s for mule deer is like drawing Gila or 34 for elk.

The elk odds in those units are really good for archery, so pay attention.
      Last edited by Texans42; 04-18-2018, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
        Sorry, I got you and that nice guy who drew 34 mixed up. With that said any of the 2’s for mule deer is like drawing Gila or 34 for elk.

The elk odds in those units are really good for archery, so pay attention.
        Yeah... I'm pretty jealous of the nice guy who drew 34 as well... it was my first choice for elk too.

I will be paying attention, but I'm not sure what I see for elk in January will represent what's going on in September.

Comment

Originally posted by mkguthrie View Post
          Got drawn for bull elk rifle or bow in unit 37

Decent unit. The smaller bull on the right is my u37 bull. The one on the left is my hunting buddies. You can look at the eye guards on his and get an idea of what he scores.

This one is one of my brothers bull from 37

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Struck out

Comment

Originally posted by RCDuck View Post
              There are 180 tags for that specific hunt... so there should be 18 NR outfitter tags and 10-11 NR DIY tags. I agree that it's a screwed up system, but to make it sound like it's a given with an outfitter, and impossible without, is a bit of a stretch.

I Looked draw odds up, outside of 2c the other two are easy draws. I thought they where all similar. My bad.

2B is still a 17% late mulie archery tag which is better then 2C 2.9%

Rifle you are talking .34%C vs 45%b

So it makes sense now you got it third. Congrats seriously though I know a couple guys who have killed some giant elk in 2B
              Last edited by Texans42; 04-18-2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Maybe next year. Our whole group drew a blank :-/

Comment

I Looked draw odds up, outside of 2c the other two are easy draws. I thought they where all similar. My bad.

So it makes sense now you got it third. Congrats seriously though I know a couple guys who have killed some giant elk in 2B
                  Those draw odds are probably draw odds for first choice hunts, depending on how you did them. It's seems like it's almost impossible to get accurate odds for anything other than first choice.

Comment

Haha.... apparently you’re looking at the same info I am..... here’s a pic of the numbers I scribbled down after the “back door” indicated I drew something.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                      Those draw odds are probably draw odds for first choice hunts, depending on how you did them. It's seems like it's almost impossible to get accurate odds for anything other than first choice.
                      100% I was thinking all 2’s where like 2c and in less then a percentage.

Comment

Didn't get drawn either with a guides help

Comment

The outfitter we booked with said it will be on the 25th

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                            Decent unit. The smaller bull on the right is my u37 bull. The one on the left is my hunting buddies. You can look at the eye guards on his and get an idea of what he scores.

This one is one of my brothers bull from 37

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            That bull with the knobs looks awesome!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone draw 17? I'll sell you a Rugged Map for a good price...

Comment

NADA.....looks like land owner tag again this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X