Is Sitka hear worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
    Sure it is in Alaska........never rains there....

Well I’ve been hunting about same time frame, you could wear brooks brothers if you are hunting from the truck. Any thing works great when you have a heater in a truck to dry cotton out.

I’ll wear synthetics that I can dry out in a sleeping bag
    What makes you think i hunt from the truck?
    Many of my hunts over the first 20 years were pack in on my back several miles. Many days and nights in snow/rain in the low 20's

$20 rain suit works well and these days a good frog tog is still cheap by comparison.

And if you comprehended my previous comment I had nothing negative to say about the Sitka or anything else high end.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      What makes you think i hunt from the truck?
      Many of my hunts over the first 20 years were pack in on my back several miles. Many days and nights in snow/rain in the low 20's

$20 rain suit works well and these days a good frog tog is still cheap by comparison.

And if you comprehended my previous comment I had nothing negative to say about the Sitka or anything else high end.
      Comprehending every persons perspective is different, what you may call backcountry in CO or NM may be a 5 Mile day hike compared to the guy hunting the frank church or Alaska, where he can’t walk out in a day. Same with a guy looking for higher end rain gear.

He may not want something that wets out and doesn’t breathes or tears first time he comes across devils club.

Different locations equal different perspectives. Not to mention rain fall numbers of NM and lower elevation CO aren’t exactly similar to coastal Alaska

Academy sells sleeping bags also what is difference between a $15 Magellan and a $400 mountain hardware...a lot, same on speciality textiles
      Last edited by Texans42; 04-08-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X