Carne guisada with cabbage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
    I guess you my friend have never had a TRUE Carne Guisada... if your asking the ??

its just a old down south staple
    I guess not. I've seen several threads on here about it and have always wondered what the big deal is.......looking at the recipes online it looks very similar to a coonarse gravy......except it has tomatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
      I used about 3 lbs of leftover sirloin I grilled the night before. Bought extra with intent to use for this

Put cubed sirloin in pot with a heaping table spoon of lard, one onion, 1 bell pepper, and 3 jalapenos and a teaspoon of minced garlic. simmer till onions are clear. If you don't want it spicy, add less jalapenos or none.

Add 2 tablespoons of cumin, 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1 teaspoon of ground bay leaves, and salt and pepper to taste. stir and let simmer about 30 min.

add a can of rotel and a can of tomato sauce. If you want it thinner, you can add water at this time. Let simmer for 2 hours.

This is my basic guisada recipe. I added the cabbage the last hour of simmering.
      Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
        they were gone by this morning!!
        Good Thing........that would have made a smelly ride in to work............

Comment

Working...
        X