Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Carne guisada with cabbage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would you do that?

Comment

Looks great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
        I do a smoke cabbage when I get the smoker rollin... so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yep I've done that a few times. Really good

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by Duke1227 View Post
            I do a Cajun cabbage casserole that’s awesome, yours looks pretty darn good too
            Do tell. What all goes into cajun cabbage?

Cabbage is so cheap and can make a ton of different stuff with it. Lately we've been frying some bacon pieces and then adding chopped onions, cabbage and some caraway, its an awesome side dish.

Comment

Recipe please.

Looks mighty tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                Please elaborate!

Core the cabbage head, season with garlic and Creole seasoning, pack with a stick of butter, wrap completely with bacon, place in an aluminum pan (I line it with foil and make a little boat for the head to keep the butter in & prep for wrapping) and place on the smoker for 1-2 hours.
                Then I wrap with the foil and wait for supper time. Total time about 3 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                  Core the cabbage head, season with garlic and Creole seasoning, pack with a stick of butter, wrap completely with bacon, place in an aluminum pan (I line it with foil and make a little boat for the head to keep the butter in & prep for wrapping) and place on the smoker for 1-2 hours.
                  Then I wrap with the foil and wait for supper time. Total time about 3 hours.

I do this too. Pretty much the same, but I add pieces of bacon crumbled up inside instead of wrapping it. I really like cabbage cooked any way. I used hate growing up. Now I love it.

Comment

Looks good.

Someone answer me this.......what's all the fuss over carne guisada? Looks very similar to a coon *** gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
                      Looks good.

Someone answer me this.......what's all the fuss over carne guisada? Looks very similar to a coon *** gravy.
                      I do a deer Carne and eat with fresh flower tortillas and beans and rice....

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        Recipe please.

Looks mighty tasty.
                        I used about 3 lbs of leftover sirloin I grilled the night before. Bought extra with intent to use for this

Put cubed sirloin in pot with a heaping table spoon of lard, one onion, 1 bell pepper, and 3 jalapenos and a teaspoon of minced garlic. simmer till onions are clear. If you don't want it spicy, add less jalapenos or none.

Add 2 tablespoons of cumin, 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1 teaspoon of ground bay leaves, and salt and pepper to taste. stir and let simmer about 30 min.

add a can of rotel and a can of tomato sauce. If you want it thinner, you can add water at this time. Let simmer for 2 hours.

This is my basic guisada recipe. I added the cabbage the last hour of simmering.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                          Ruining good carne guisada....
                          ..... Ohhh Noooooo.... Abulea would be throwing her CHANCLA at you for committing this sacrilege.......
                          but
                          I am sure it taste good.. but despues the pedos....

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
                            Looks good.

I guess you my friend have never had a TRUE Carne Guisada... if your asking the ??

its just a old down south staple

Comment

I like cabbage in soups but I don't know if I'd want it in my Carne Quisada lol...it looks good though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                                ..... Ohhh Noooooo.... Abulea would be throwing her CHANCLA at you for committing this sacrilege.......
                                but
                                I am sure it taste good.. but despues the pedos....
                                they were gone by this morning!!

Comment

Working...
                                X