2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
    Well, how did day 2 turn out for you and your pops?
    Hammered em hard bubba... had to wait out the storms this morning but once the weather cleared we found a bunch of hungry fish!

Comment

Fished yesterday afternoon in the ULM, Found some good fish on scattered sand/grass. Up to 24". East northeast wind made things a little challenging but water color was good and fish were hungry.

Comment

How crowded does the ulm get on a holiday weekend. I was gonna run down and fish Sunday. But I was unsure about how busy the bay will get.

Comment

Busy, locals will be staying OFF the water.
          Sunday might be better than Saturday, 2 big Redfish Tournaments on Saturday. One of them is 95.00 entry and pays 5,000 for biggest red and 1,000 for biggest trout and flounder. Star Tourney kicking off too. Come on down and have fun though, plenty of water out there.
          Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
          How crowded does the ulm get on a holiday weekend. I was gonna run down and fish Sunday. But I was unsure about how busy the bay will get.

Comment

Had a pretty good morning with Nathan Gray, he was great.
            Attached Files

Comment

last Wednesday
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                Busy, locals will be staying OFF the water.
                Sunday might be better than Saturday, 2 big Redfish Tournaments on Saturday. One of them is 95.00 entry and pays 5,000 for biggest red and 1,000 for biggest trout and flounder. Star Tourney kicking off too. Come on down and have fun though, plenty of water out there.
                I wish I was eligible to fish the 3rd coast tourney.

Comment

^^^ yea, strict rules on that^^^ Fishing NB Saturday, I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

I caught a bass on a LeLe Lure this morning.

Can’t wait to try them in the salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                      Had a pretty good morning with Nathan Gray, he was great.
                      Nice haul brother!

Comment

I'm steering well clear of the ULM this weekend. Drifting some new scenes this weekend to the north - Harvey reconstruction zones that I need to dial in beyond researching the changes made via Google Earth.

Light winds and perfect wind speeds predicted. One drift covers 9 miles riding the wind and shallow shoreline.

Thought twice about going down to Port Mansfield but....I need to reorient myself with the changes Harvey has done to the Aransas Bay complex. Haven't been there post Harvey - this will be my solo weekend to dial in the changes.

Comment

Going offshore with some buddies Saturday morning. Breaking in the new boat it’s a 36ft Cape Horn with trip 300’s. Plan was to go 180 miles and spend the night but now we’re just gonna run 80 miles out. Regardless should be a fun time!

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                            I'm steering well clear of the ULM this weekend. Drifting some new scenes this weekend to the north - Harvey reconstruction zones that I need to dial in beyond researching the changes made via Google Earth.

Light winds and perfect wind speeds predicted. One drift covers 9 miles riding the wind and shallow shoreline.

Thought twice about going down to Port Mansfield but....I need to reorient myself with the changes Harvey has done to the Aransas Bay complex. Haven't been there post Harvey - this will be my solo weekend to dial in the changes.

We’ll be at Port Mansfield June 1st -3rd
                            Come down and camp with me and my son. Would love to learn from ya.

Comment

Bite got hot right before sundown

Comment

Nice stringer of fish!!

Comment

Working...
                                X