No announcement yet.

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That snook prolly one of the biggest Texas snook Ive seen!

Heck of a fish

Comment

smacked them pretty good this morning down on the west end of the island, nice little early morning fall wade action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's an awesome stringer!! What were they biting??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          That's an awesome stringer!! What were they biting??

Purple Down South Super model on a 1/8 jig head.

Comment

Went Friday and got a couple limits of trout in Matagorda drifting over shell. Nothing big, 21" was our biggest. Found a couple groups of birds working but couldn't get anything under them to bite.

Comment

Fished Port A this weekend and ended up with a solid meat haul. Caught specks on top in the the surf, some good sized mangroves and giant sand trout. The red bite is still pretty hot but flounder hasn’t kicked off hot and heavy just yet. Probably won’t make it back until after thanksgiving but it was great to bend a rod since we have been rained out at the lease.

Comment

Son caught a Texas slam Friday in east Matty. He forgot to take pics as he was by himself. But has some nice flatties. 16/18. And 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a wade fishing trip booked with Chad Peterek this Friday on Baffin. I had a few guys back out so there is only two of us now. He fished out of marker 37. Looking for 1-2 guys to join.

He is widely considered one of the best.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman12 View Post
                    I have a wade fishing trip booked with Chad Peterek this Friday on Baffin. I had a few guys back out so there is only two of us now. He fished out of marker 37. Looking for 1-2 guys to join.

He is widely considered one of the best.

He's the best hands down. I've been with him a few times and always learn a lot from that guy. I'll go with him again but can't go this Friday. I'll be in the bow stand.

Good luck!

Comment

Had a great weekend in Rockport with my favorite person!

We enjoyed a couple days fishing with Jay Watkins Jr. Really nice guy and taught us a ton. I highly recommend him.

Comment

Drop Tine, that's a great catch! ...and the fish ain't bad neither! Seriously, some nice fish on those stringers! Congratulations!

Comment

We're going to try ONE MORE TIME to hit the Chandeleur's next weekend... scheduled to leave out on Sunday evening and fish Monday and Tuesday (11/11 and 11/12)... Only 2 storms we've had in the Gulf this year got both of our scheduled trips!! Me n the Lord had a talk and I reminded Him that Hurricane season is over and it should be OK for us to go fishin'!! Sure hope He heard me and agrees...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            We're going to try ONE MORE TIME to hit the Chandeleur's next weekend... scheduled to leave out on Sunday evening and fish Monday and Tuesday (11/11 and 11/12)... Only 2 storms we've had in the Gulf this year got both of our scheduled trips!! Me n the Lord had a talk and I reminded Him that Hurricane season is over and it should be OK for us to go fishin'!! Sure hope He heard me and agrees...
                            Good luck, should be a great time to be over there if the weather will just halfway cooperate.

Comment

Yea, Capt. Bobby said the Islands escaped damage pretty much when Michael came thru and they've been doing pretty good and said that November is better 'n October anyway... We'll see. Never been fishin' this late in the year before... Latest trip prior to this one was Labor Day many years ago in Pt. Mansfield... Too dang wet to deer hunt anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
                                Had a great weekend in Rockport with my favorite person!

We enjoyed a couple days fishing with Jay Watkins Jr. Really nice guy and taught us a ton. I highly recommend him.

Nicely done!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X