No announcement yet.

Nephew’s wedding moved too close to my deer stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armed with a cooler full of Coronas (Cornitos) and under the cover of a cool 94 degree East Tx twilight, my brother and I unceremoniously lowered and moved the controversial feeder Friday evening to the other side of the hayfield and out of the designated wedding area.

On a side note, we impressed ourselves at how efficient we were at completing this maneveur and pulled it off without damage to either the feeder, truck or ourselves. Of course, we won’t advertise this to anyone or else we lose those hard to earn goodwill points.

The feeder now sits on the other side of the hayfield loaded with 300 pounds of the cleanest MG yellow pellets awaiting to be discovered by deer and rooters.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F6923087-2AAF-4BD4-8805-4A6055B97138.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	24546911

Comment

In for the hunt!

Comment

I’d set the feeder to go off multiple times during the ceremony. Might even hang some cans and bottles from the feeder so it’s heard by all.

Comment

Just take your bow with you to the wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by Czechfish View Post
            I’d set the feeder to go off multiple times during the ceremony. Might even hang some cans and bottles from the feeder so it’s heard by all.
            Like I said previously, I suggested throwing corn instead of rice. Wedding is October 20 and I rifle hunt over that hayfield. Tents and stuff will be long gone by the 23rd or so and the only thing left behind will be a field of corn tossed out by 100 or so guests.

I am lucky enough to have a few bow spots far from wedding ground zero although The feeder located at wedding Ground Zero has traditionally been a pretty good feeder in the early bow season .

Comment

Originally posted by joebriles View Post
              Just take your bow with you to the wedding.
              I have been warned about ideas like this.

Comment

It’s T-11 days until the big day. Sure, I will have 100+ people on my place during deer season and I had to move a feeder, but I get a totally redone and expanded summer kitchen aka “the sawmill bar and grill” out of the deal. Plus I sold my wife on the fact the rooters could possibly smell the food and crash the wedding. So there has been extended “wedding crasher” hunts happening with a surprisingly high success rate of eliminating the threat of unwelcomed guestsz

We need it to stop raining. It’s hit or miss right now. Most of the festivities are planned on well drained sections of my land, but September was saturating to the low spots. I am worried the hay field to which the entire thing is backdropped to may not get cut because it just won’t stay dry long enough to bale. We have a few days, so let’s see what happens.

The all new .... Sawmill Bar and Grill....

Click image for larger version

Name:	3981A059-863C-41A6-8284-C850519E98FC.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	24555831

Comment

If a feeder doesn’t go off during the ceremony, how does that even count as a wedding?
                  [emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                    If a feeder doesn’t go off during the ceremony, how does that even count as a wedding?
                    [emoji12]
                    I moved it... not very far. It’s filled up and spins at 5:30 pm. May bump it to 5:00 pm right before the big day.

Comment

You post this like you have a choice or opinion. I’ve been married a while also. Just do like the zombie you have been programmed into and do as you were told

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                        You post this like you have a choice or opinion. I’ve been married a while also. Just do like the zombie you have been programmed into and do as you were told
                        Im still working on this. It goes against my nature , but I know it’s for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                          It’s T-11 days until the big day. Sure, I will have 100+ people on my place during deer season and I had to move a feeder, but I get a totally redone and expanded summer kitchen aka “the sawmill bar and grill” out of the deal. Plus I sold my wife on the fact the rooters could possibly smell the food and crash the wedding. So there has been extended “wedding crasher” hunts happening with a surprisingly high success rate of eliminating the threat of unwelcomed guestsz

We need it to stop raining. It’s hit or miss right now. Most of the festivities are planned on well drained sections of my land, but September was saturating to the low spots. I am worried the hay field to which the entire thing is backdropped to may not get cut because it just won’t stay dry long enough to bale. We have a few days, so let’s see what happens.

The all new .... Sawmill Bar and Grill....

[ATTACH]928022[/ATTACH]
                          Nice bar and grill!

See that you have your block target ready. Gonna let the guests practice some during the reception?

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                            Nice bar and grill!

See that you have your block target ready. Gonna let the guests practice some during the reception?
                            See, here is a guy with ideas!

Comment

It's your property have them move it. 120 acres surely there is another spot.

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanBuck View Post
                                It's your property have them move it. 120 acres surely there is another spot.
                                Lol. You are missing the point and getting it at same time. The feeder took all of 20 minutes to move across the hayfield. I am just excited my nephew picked my place to celebrate his wedding. We have all rolled up our sleeves and the place never looked better. It’s really an honor! At the end of the day I will probabally spend more time up there getting final prep done and sneaking in a few hunts here and there (in the oaks, cause these east tx pine donkeys are snubbing feeders anyways!).

Comment

Working...
                                X