No announcement yet.

Looks like I may be getting a CPAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the advice fellas. I just picked up the Home sleep study equipment. Really hope this works. Might be able to cut back on my daily amount of coffee consumption! LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been using one so long that my first one was twice as big as my current one, and it at least 25% bigger than the new ones. First one sounded like a Detroit diesel, the one I use now is much quieter.

What was said above, I napped under every shade tree beside every road in East Texas before I finally figured out the cause. Ran off the road, ran others off the road, it was bad. Do it and don't procrastinate !

Comment

How much should one of these run. I was told 950 for a complete set up. Is that reasonable?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

My insurance covered mine but I saw the at about $800-$900.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a life changer. I had a severe case of sleep apnea. I did the sleep study, got the machine , made a few adjustments and been sleeping well ever since. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
              Same here. You'd be amazed at the change in my wife after she was able to sleep without my snoring. Before the Cpap, getting frisky in the morning was like hunting Bear with a Stick; aint going to happen. Now, still ain't going to happen but atleast she's nicer when she says no.

Hoggslayer
              Lol

Comment

I just got one through the VA on Tuesday. So I have slept 2 nights with it. They told us it would take up to 2 weeks to really feel a diffence. I could certainly still fall a sleep right now, but I do feel a little better in the morning. My wife said I never moved or snored, which is highly unusual. So I guess it is helping. The VA told us that if in a month we didnt’ like the mask that we chose, they would give us a new one!

Comment

Check out some of the cpap forums. Learn about what the data means if yours has a record function, and learn to make changes and see how it makes a difference.

Been on one 10 yrs and I don't think I can sleep without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Incline View Post
                    How much should one of these run. I was told 950 for a complete set up. Is that reasonable?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                    I use a transend with a battery. Total cost was about 900. I like it because i can pack it in when camping. I've tried the mouth appliances but couldn't get one to work. Even the high end ones weren't as good as the CPAP so I sacrifice the extra space and weight in my pack. My only complaint with this machine is it is so light that at home I sometimes knock it off the stool it sits on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                      Same here. You'd be amazed at the change in my wife after she was able to sleep without my snoring. Before the Cpap, getting frisky in the morning was like hunting Bear with a Stick; aint going to happen. Now, still ain't going to happen but atleast she's nicer when she says no.

Hoggslayer
                      :-) Beahahahahahhahahahhaaha!

Comment

Working...
                      X