Looks like I may be getting a CPAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoggslayer View Post
    same here. You'd be amazed at the change in my wife after she was able to sleep without my snoring. Before the cpap, getting frisky in the morning was like hunting bear with a stick; aint going to happen. Now, still ain't going to happen but atleast she's nicer when she says no.

Hoggslayer

lmao!!:d

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good home study company?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
        I never knew how bad I felt until I got my CPAP and actually got good sleep. And didn't fight not breathing all night every night. I was having over 35-40 apnea episodes a hour and my O2 sat was getting down to 69. Crazy numbers to see on paper to know how truly bad it was.

It's a PITA at first to get used to but not a huge deal. I have to wear a full face mask so that is not as convenient as the smaller ones but it's just part of it.

Regarding looking in your mouth, my dentist looked in my mouth and told me he thought I had sleep apnea. Something about a pink "Halo". Can't remember what he said exactly but another doctor mentioned it as well in the process.
        That's about what I went down to on my o2 sat during my study. Pretty low.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
          Anyone?

Comment

Anyone?
            Your doctor should be able to get you a referral for sleep doctor then they should be able to get you pointed in the right direction.

Comment

Try CPAP.com for information. They are located in Stafford. They used to be a customer of mine. I sold CPAPs and Bi-levels with a previous Medical Manufacturer years ago. There are plenty of Sleep Labs all over Houston. I am sure some of them are set up to do home studies as well. CPAP’s are definitely a life changer for people. Last time I checked, not breathing in your sleep is a bad thing.

Comment

I did one from one of the places in Conroe, but I can't remember which one.

Comment

I recently did the home study. Could not sleep with the hoses on my face, the finger thing and the controls strapped on my chest while wearing a tee shirt. Haven't been back to the doctor yet. But I'll have doubts on whatever they tell me. I don't see how not sleeping while being made uncomfortable is a good indicator.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                    I recently did the home study. Could not sleep with the hoses on my face, the finger thing and the controls strapped on my chest while wearing a tee shirt. Haven't been back to the doctor yet. But I'll have doubts on whatever they tell me. I don't see how not sleeping while being made uncomfortable is a good indicator.

I was concerned about the same thing when I did the study. When they told me I had it and with the recent news at the time of Reggie White DE of the Green bay Packers dying of obstructive sleep apnea in his sleep, I set it in my mind I needed to make it work and not be a fickle nancy about it because it was going to save or at least prolong my life. Once I got the mindset and accepted it, which took about a week, I don't even notice it anymore and sleep like a baby. Its all mind over matter. If you are strong enough to want to live longer, and feel better, it's an easy do.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      I was concerned about the same thing when I did the study. When they told me I had it and with the recent news at the time of Reggie White DE of the Green bay Packers dying of obstructive sleep apnea in his sleep, I set it in my mind I needed to make it work and not be a fickle nancy about it because it was going to save or at least prolong my life. Once I got the mindset and accepted it, which took about a week, I don't even notice it anymore and sleep like a baby. Its all mind over matter. If you are strong enough to want to live longer, and feel better, it's an easy do.

Well stated. OSA is not something to take lightly. For those not convinced, take Jason’ advice. Plenty of great info on the internet about OSA and how to live with it.

Comment

Definitely changed my life, never could get enough rest before.

Comment

The doctor scripted me ambien to help me sleep during the lab study. I was able to get to sleep right after the sleep tech got all of the stuff hooked up. About 3 hours later the tech came in and put the mask I was most comfortable with on me and I fell right back to sleep.
                          It would have been miserable experience without the ambien and they probably wouldn't have got as good data.

Comment

Greatest thing since sliced bread for me. I used one for many years. Had one at home, a smaller one for travel and one that stayed at the deer lease. I lost a ton of weight and don't use one for the last 3+ years now. It may be a little difficult to get used to but I would gripe about mine at first and be sound asleep in two minutes. Many different models and masks available now.

Comment

I had a lot of trouble getting use to sleeping with mine, but once I did, I will not sleep without it. Been a game changer for me and as mentioned above, I no longer get kicked out of camp to sleep on the porch!

Comment

Had mine too many years to remember not having it. Will take awhile to get use to, but worth it.
                                I take mine everywhere! Love it!

Comment

Working...
                                X