Cowboy Hat Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well doo doo.

Going to a memorial service today to spread a friends ashes at the ranch and they said ranch attire but you guys tell me I can't wear my hat and it really bums me out that I can't wear my silverbilly cause I'm from Texas but ain't got no cows nor horses but do wear regular bootcut Wranglers with no bedazzle or nothin and there will be horses at the horse ranch.

Can I wear my hat??

Comment

I’m hot 24/7 so straw is my go to.

Comment

I am backwards with this. I live on a ranch with cows and never wear a cowboy hat or boots. The cows don't seem to care either way. It is easier for me to sort cows in tennis shoes and a baseball cap. I use to wear boots and a cowboy hat to go to the clubs. For some reason the girls liked that look. On another subject that was the last time I wore starched jeans as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          never touch another mans hat
          x100

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
            HE knew how to wear one
            I love Tom Selleck.

Comment

Originally posted by matchejm View Post
              X2
              I've never understood rules like that. Isn't every day after easter?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by El Forajido View Post
                Agreed. As well as never on at a funeral. With that being said, it might just be me, but I take mine off when a funeral procession passes me buy when diving. Radio goes off just the same. Do the same with a cap on all the above
                Same, as that was how I was brought up. some of the younger gentlemen, don't see it as necessary or just don't abide by the old ways of doing things

Comment

Dale Watson
                  "Cowboy Llyod Cross"

Why can't I get this video to show?

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group North AmericaCowboy Lloyd Cross · Dale WatsonBlessed Or Damned℗ 2002 Hightone Records a division of Shout! Facto...
                  Last edited by austinRecurve; 09-08-2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    This thread is worthy of the Luke Bryan award

Luke Bryan would call it ghey. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                      Well doo doo.

Going to a memorial service today to spread a friends ashes at the ranch and they said ranch attire but you guys tell me I can't wear my hat and it really bums me out that I can't wear my silverbilly cause I'm from Texas but ain't got no cows nor horses but do wear regular bootcut Wranglers with no bedazzle or nothin and there will be horses at the horse ranch.

Can I wear my hat??

Yes. Everyone I know wears a black hat to a funeral. I seem to be going to more every year. I also pull over and remove my hat as a funeral procession passes.

Comment

What is the difference between a western hat and a cowboy hat??

Comment

Working...
                        X