Cowboy Hat Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    The whole straw hat/felt hat in the winter is silly. If it hot during the winter I’m wearing my straw if it’s cold my Felt. That one cliche/tradition has to be one of the dumbest... especially in Texas and southern US
    This right here!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      The whole straw hat/felt hat in the winter is silly. If it hot during the winter I’m wearing my straw if it’s cold my Felt. That one cliche/tradition has to be one of the dumbest... especially in Texas and southern US
      Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
        No felt after Easter

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
        Felt after Easter is ok it just has to be white, then back to black after September.

Comment

I wear a hat everyday of my life. Some of my personal rules are no felt with short sleeves, no hats inside of a home or at any sit down meal, take your hat off when you sit down in someone's office, no hat on the dance floor and no straw between October and March.

Comment

I searched the Texas penal code. There aren’t any laws restricting the use of any certain type of hat during any time of the year. You can wear whatever you want whenever you want. Even gay men with bling on they’re britches pockets can wear one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man some of the old ranchers around here need you guys to tell them all the rules. They seem to just do what they want. Heathens

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                I searched the Texas penal code. There aren’t any laws restricting the use of any certain type of hat during any time of the year. You can wear whatever you want whenever you want. Even gay men with bling on they’re britches pockets can wear one.

Yeah but they better not be wearing it upside down on the bed while courtin a lady during supper at a steak house while the national anthem is playing by god. Or WHILE PATSY CLINE IS ON THE RADIO EITHER

Comment

I was told in San Antonio, straw in summer, felt in winter.

Dark colors in winter(black) light colors in summer(straw/white)

I don’t wear one. Too big and clumsy on a short guy like me.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                    Yeah but they better not be wearing it upside down on the bed while courtin a lady during supper at a steak house while the national anthem is playing by god. Or WHILE PATSY CLINE IS ON THE RADIO EITHER

Absolutely! I meant they can wear one anytime except during those times.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      Man some of the old ranchers around here need you guys to tell them all the rules. They seem to just do what they want. Heathens
                      Old thread but I was searching cowboy hats for some ideas & lo I came across this funny comment!

Comment

I would wear mine to to restaurants more, but nobody has hat racks anymore. And I don’t like keeping my hat on my knee.

Comment

Off for ladies and at the table. Have worn a black felt year around for over 50 years and ain't never heard no Easter thing. Born, raised and retired from a ranch.

Comment

What issue of GQ did the New York fashion crowd write all these rules in? A hat is not worn at the table, other than that I don’t see a reason to look at the calendar to find out what style or color is acceptable. Hell, next thing you know men will be bedazzling their jeans and belts.
                            Last edited by Stuck; 09-08-2018, 04:39 AM.

Comment

HE knew how to wear one
                              Attached Files

Comment

This thread is worthy of the Luke Bryan award

Comment

Working...
                                X