The new Rolex GMT all Steel “Pepsi”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
    I’ve got a Pepsi in the classifieds for even less.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=672623

LOL, you got me good with that one

I bought in hook line and sinker !!

Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Blood-Sport, you should sell some of your collection and buy a Rolex Rainbow, really give the guys on here something to talk about.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
        Yep and in 10-15 years my watch will be worth more than the trucks or boats!

Lol. In that same 10-15 years my truck will have made me 500x the amount of that watch.... and it has a digital clock in it so I can still tell what time it is

I think they look great, but don’t fit a personal need for me, but to each their own. Money is made to spend

Comment

These watches are very similar to the collectable gun market...to throw a blanket statement they cannot be investments is inaccurate.

I still have my first Datejust that my Dad bought for my granddad when I was born made in the late 60's. He paid less than $200 for it & while it is beaten to hell & likely needs a new mechanism it's current value is likely around $1k. My son will graduate from college in a couple of years & I'll pass it on to him.

I play around with them & have been able to buy low / sell high, upgrade & enjoy them just like I have with used firearms.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            These watches are very similar to the collectable gun market...to throw a blanket statement they cannot be investments is inaccurate.

I still have my first Datejust that my Dad bought for my granddad when I was born made in the late 60's. He paid less than $200 for it & while it is beaten to hell & likely needs a new mechanism it's current value is likely around $1k. My son will graduate from college in a couple of years & I'll pass it on to him.

I play around with them & have been able to buy low / sell high, upgrade & enjoy them just like I have with used firearms.
            Have you looked at what $200 would have done, at 7%, over that same 58 year period?

Again, I’m not bashing Rolexes. I’m just saying that you don’t buy them for their investment potential.

Comment

I love it! Bought a new watch in Germany flying back from my Europe hunt.....that may be on my list!!!
              Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
              The same people who wont blink when buying $70k trucks and boats will dog someone for buying an expensive watch. Lmao.
              Bwahahahahahaa!!! U nailed it, cost is relative based on where someone is on the pyramid of finances.
              Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
              Have you looked at what $200 would have done, at 7%, over that same 58 year period?

Again, I’m not bashing Rolexes. I’m just saying that you don’t buy them for their investment potential.
              You are making an assumption that the watches are his only investment. As many on here, most tend not to have all their eggs in one basket. Diversification is imperative once you have exhausted the usual suspects.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                I love it! Bought a new watch in Germany flying back from my Europe hunt.....that may be on my list!!!

Bwahahahahahaa!!! U nailed it, cost is relative based on where someone is on the pyramid of finances.

You are making an assumption that the watches are his only investment. As many on here, most tend not to have all their eggs in one basket. Diversification is imperative once you have exhausted the usual suspects.

Y’all realize Bloodsport sells watches for a living right?

Comment

The new Rolex GMT all Steel “Pepsi”

Dude,

Ok

I’m busted

Haha, everyone knows I’m in the diamond [emoji184] and watch business... we’re all just making conversation here.. I do many things besides watches and diamonds though[emoji23] create memories for good friends and clients..

Last edited by blood-sport; 03-25-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post

I don't agree...it's not up to you or any one person to set standards on what is perceived as potential.

If a firearm, watch or any other item can increase/appreciate in value, I personally consider it an investment...I made $1k on my last GMT & upgraded to a deepsea dweller. If someone wants it bad enough & I can make a profit, why cannot I not consider this one or a future buy as having investment potential?? Someone is always going to give an example of being able to have made more with a certain stock or whatever. However, that does not mean the profit that was made isn't legit?? I have a Colt Combat Cobra in the safe with the original retail receipt of $550. I bought it for $1500 & the last one I saw sold for $7k. I consider that a very good investment & it's a lot cooler to look at & touch vs the paperwork that comes in explaining how my stocks are doing.

Want to know what is really scary?? If I was to have put the last 15 years of deer lease money into the market, collectable guns & even Rolexes!!

Comment

Originally posted by russb View Post
                      Blood-Sport, you should sell some of your collection and buy a Rolex Rainbow, really give the guys on here something to talk about.

Hahaha, can’t afford that [emoji23]plus, not my style [emoji38]

Comment

My friend has the plat masterpiece. I like it but my favorite would be a yacht-master.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                          My friend has the plat masterpiece. I like it but my favorite would be a yacht-master.

The ROLEX Yacht master 2

Comment

Blood Sport,
                            What’s you’re opinion of the new Air King ?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                              Blood Sport,
                              What’s you’re opinion of the new Air King ?

Freaking love the look and especially the size.. don’t buy it new find a great deal on a pre owned so the blow is softer when you trade up..

Comment

Well heck, I need to deaux some business with him! Gotta love entrepreneurs, no matter what legal human endeavor they are involved with!!

Comment

Working...
                                X