• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
    Polar

Sure is a good looking watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a good lookin' watch. I MIGHT be willing to spend $100 for that particular status symbol.

Comment

Very nice rferg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

For the common folks like myself here is a good alternative.

Comment

That new Rolex is really nice, but I'm really liking the little brother to it. The "pepsi" GMT by Tudor is $3600, similar look and in house swiss movement.
            Attached Files

Comment

The same people who wont blink when buying $70k trucks and boats will dog someone for buying an expensive watch. Lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                The same people who wont blink when buying $70k trucks and boats will dog someone for buying an expensive watch. Lmao.

Lol

I’ve been biting my tongue looking for a polite way to say that

No kidding

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post

Yep and in 10-15 years my watch will be worth more than the trucks or boats!

Comment

How long until bow season?? Ease up fellas, the man wants to buy a watch with his money. Allow him to enjoy it! Go find someone else and something else to nag about!!

Comment

I'm all for people buying what makes them happy but your truck comparison is flawed. The watch, which just reads time, is one 7th the value of a 70k truck that can get you to work and tow an overpriced camper or boat.

Comment

The new Rolex GMT all Steel “Pepsi”

I just sold a watch in my personal collection for 30k

I’ve owned it for 20 years or so. Watch is from the early 50’s.. it is a Rolex that has one function, tells time.

My wife has driven the same beater 2005 infinity with 180k miles on it. Cash value , maybe 5k !!

We are looking at an Audi that will cost us 60k net, it’s crazy, I hate spending the cash but have no choice !! She needs a ride and certainly deserves it.

I do know going in, it’s a LOSSSSSSS , no other way to lol at it other than that. I can only hope she drives it for the next 10 years. At the 10 year mark I feel I got my monies worth..

My thoughts !!

By the way, I’ve ordered two steel new style ROLEX GMT’s , one to keep and one to sell for over retail price. I estimate the new watch will sell for over 18k and the retail is 9k.

Last edited by blood-sport; 03-25-2018, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blood-sport View Post
                          I just sold a watch in my personal collection for 30k

I’ve owned it for 20 years or so. Watch is from the early 50’s.. it is a Rolex that has one function, tells time.

My wife has driven the same beater 2005 infinity with 180k miles on it. Cash value , maybe 5k !!

We are looking at an Audi that will cost us 60k net, it’s crazy, I hate spending the cash but have no choice !! She needs a ride and certainly deserves it.

I do know going in, it’s a LOSSSSSSS , no other way to lol at it other than that. I can only hope she drives it for the next 10 years. At the 10 year mark I feel I got my monies worth..

My thoughts !!

By the way, I’ve ordered two steel new style ROLEX GMT’s , one to keep and one to sell for over retail price. I estimate the new watch will sell for over 18k and the retail is 9k.

I’ll give you $100 over retail. Won’t even have to market it.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                            I’ll give you $100 over retail. Won’t even have to market it.

LOL [emoji23]

Sold !!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

For the common folks like myself here is a good alternative.

I’ve got a Pepsi in the classifieds for even less.

Comment

I’ll never understand why some feel the need to interject their opinion on a way a man spends his money. It’s his money, why do you care ? If you disagree just hit the BACK BUTTON.

Comment

Working...
                                X