What happened to ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
    All got started yesterday when my son was playing with another young boy at the water park. Both 6-8 yrs old. Mine came over to the chairs/tables area and said he was having fun playing water wars with a little girl. Just so happens that little “boys” Mom was sitting at the table next to us and immediately spoke up and said it was a boy in a really rude fine. Well newsflash if you don’t want to be called a girl don’t look like one! Guess I’m old fashioned (and not old). Carry on.
    That's kindda funny. My grand-maw always tells me to get a "mans haircut".

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      LOL

Anything to pizz off adults is what they do. Won't ever change. Look at the early 80s hairstyles. I laugh at man buns but couldn't care less if they want to look like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
        Congrats to your kid and you.
        Yessir. I agree.

Comment

Everything old is new again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ted.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	24534179

Comment

Joe Dirt

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post

I don't mind it one bit if it's the kids choice. It weirds me out when the parents force it upon their kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                Joe Dirt
                Yep lol

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
                  I resemble that guy, maybe worse, yeah its worse... Similar hair(not as poofy), beard, piercings, tattoos (went through a punk phase; used to have mohawk). I hunt. fish, guns since 7yo, work on cars, used to drag race, motorcycles, ect. ( had to add in manly stuff)

Could be rebel thing, likely. its also just Culture, changing of the times. people don't dress the same as the 1800's, as 1900's, as 1920, 1950, 60,70, and so on.

Funny thing is, I'm 35, look at younger kids style and go what the hell, when I did similar stuff. Looks Dont make the person.

Oh, and it will not always cause job finding difficulties, things are more accepted today, for better or worse. There are extremes that can cause job difficulties, but in general long hair will not.

I will not ever get the Cali-lean or skinny jeans/skinny jeans falling off a#* style.

I agree totally........ but the hipster / lumbersexual / man bun thing cracks me up.

I've worn a long ponytail and beard, ear piercing holes are still visible, tattoos and will still grow an obnoxious length goatee [emoji3]
                  And I agree about not causing job difficulties. I hold a professional position in the mechanical trades industry which I advanced to after a couple decades on my tools...... along with the other 50% of us construction trash that advanced....
                  No, I don't pay attention to others appearances'

But I don't understand neck and face tattoos (except Mike Tyson's, looks good on him)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

All got started yesterday when my son was playing with another young boy at the water park. Both 6-8 yrs old. Mine came over to the chairs/tables area and said he was having fun playing water wars with a little girl. Just so happens that little “boys” Mom was sitting at the table next to us and immediately spoke up and said it was a boy in a really rude fine. Well newsflash if you don’t want to be called a girl don’t look like one! Guess I’m old fashioned (and not old). Carry on.
                    Well, I'm old fashioned (and Old). When I got back from Viet Nam I grew my hair down to my shoulders. I don't recall anyone calling me a girl, at least no one that counted.
                    Last edited by Phillip Fields; 03-16-2018, 07:24 AM.

Comment

My grandfather used those exact words to the barber. I had kind of long hair and he told the barber to give me a little boys haircut.

Comment

I thought about getting a neck tattoo I just can't decide

Comment

Some of you guys sound like my dad back in the 60's and 70's. "Dang long haired hippies - they look like girls!" Hairstyles for young people come and go. I personally prefer long, 1970's rocker hair to the current buzzed on the sides poofy on top look. But whatever....

Comment

Little boys having boys haircuts???

On a short vacation and seems like when head closer to bigger towns you see quite a few elementary age boys with hair down below their shoulders.

Do schools not require haircuts anymore? Parents blow the haircut money on select sports? What’s the deal?
                            Guess they don't have restrictions on hair. With all the other stuff kids do/don't do these days, they probably just glad they are there not shooting the place up...
                            Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                            The man-bun is this generation's mullet lol

My dad was born in 55. Looking through his HS yearbook (class of '74), it seemed every dude had long hair.
                            Same grad year hear. 99% of my classmates had some length of long hair...

Comment

Lots of it in San Angelo too. It’s just the small schools that make them stay short. Couldn’t be past our shoulders so mine went just above most the time

Comment

I have always had short hair and short fingernails. I can't stand either to be long, I think it's nasty. But I have had facial hair since 1993 and some people can't stand that. So to each their own. If the kid or parent likes it, more power to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X