Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know many people on this site at all. Heck, I don't even bow hunt very much. I just enjoy the honest people that are here. I spent some time in prayer of the last week or so for this lady. I don't consider that a loss. Any time in prayer is time well spent in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
      There were many clues, starting with the very first post...13-14 units of blood. Any of these clues could possibly have been true, but not when taken all together. And don't forget the person's history of posting very questionable threads. The elements of a good lie includes a sprinkling of truth to keep you hooked. This was classic "6th grade girl drama", except at a higher level. I think there were a lot of folks who saw through this early on, but didn't have any way to prove it. The Pathological Liar thread and Catfishing thread were both aimed at this one
      So many questions remain unanswered:

• Is Bobby and Chew one person or two. And who is Minchew? Very questionable
      • Will BOB attend the Metalica concert or is that not heavy enough and now considered pop music,
      • Will Ragin' ever return or is he lurking as another,
      • Who drives the white jeep?
      • Is it ok to talk about Big Foot?
      • Will there be another poacher that will top 278"?
      • Will Smart ever get any new GIF material?
      • When will we get transparent TBH stickers?

We got to know dangit!

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
        There were many clues, starting with the very first post...13-14 units of blood. Any of these clues could possibly have been true, but not when taken all together. And don't forget the person's history of posting very questionable threads. The elements of a good lie includes a sprinkling of truth to keep you hooked. This was classic "6th grade girl drama", except at a higher level. I think there were a lot of folks who saw through this early on, but didn't have any way to prove it. The Pathological Liar thread and Catfishing thread were both aimed at this one, and Chew had a good idea what he would (not) find at the hospital. I'm sure he went to verify concerns that this was a hoax. I hope this person gets some help with her problems.
        I know my BS meter went off a few times, but it is hard to question specifics in a time of crisis. I wish now that more questions were asked, on my part and others, from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I didn’t get that he insinuated Garguy had anything to do with this. Just wondering where he was and probably looking for his thoughts on the current ****show.
          Im here and assure you i had no part in a scam. I did smell a rat and get a heads up a couple days ago so I havent posted until more facts came out. There are a lot of things i want to know.

I never met TT but her symptoms so exactly matched my ordeal with Lyme that it caught my attention . I strongly suspect that someone that knows my story personally was advising her. There were red flags from the gitgo but I just couldnt believe it wasnt factual as the thread unfolded.

I can say i spent many,, many hours in prayer for Courtney.. i read the Word over her over and over. The word does not return void so I pray some good has been done.

I want to thank Brandon for all his hours of prayer and updates. God is still good. i cant help but believe the hearts of the folks behind this mess were not pricked. if they werent.. Thats a sad spot to be in.

God bless yall. I have been amazed at the folks that sincerely battled in prayer here. God will honor that.

Steve

Comment

Honestly I see this as a fraud perpetrated on a public forum.
            I doubt we will find out if someone privately donated to the ones this committed the fraud as they may be too embarrassed to admit to it.

That said I remember one post by Brandon saying the doctors would have already let her die if it weren't for her position at Pfizer. If she truly works there she could face serious consequences for this action.
            I know for the city an act that erodes the public confidence is punishable up to and including termination. Personally I'm not the overly vindictive type but if she is lying to people she knows, chances are she lies to her employer as well.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm starting to question my trusting nature. If I don't get my Drake hunting jacket that I ordered off of amazon soon, I might question that deal as well. It shows that its still in route!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Im here and assure you i had no part in a scam. I did smell a rat and get a heads up a couple days ago so I havent posted until more facts came out. There are a lot of things i want to know.

I never met TT but her symptoms so exactly matched my ordeal with Lyme that it caught my attention . I strongly suspect that someone that knows my story personally was advising her. There were red flags from the gitgo but I just couldnt believe it wasnt factual as the thread unfolded.

I can say i spent many,, many hours in prayer for Courtney.. i read the Word over her over and over. The word does not return void so I pray some good has been done.

I want to thank Brandon for all his hours of prayer and updates. God is still good. i cant help but believe the hearts of the folks behind this mess were not pricked. if they werent.. Thats a sad spot to be in.

God bless yall. I have been amazed at the folks that sincerely battled in prayer here. God will honor that.

Steve

For the record I wasn't the one wondering so no need to assure me... I just relayed what I thought was an explanation. I reworded it below to get the jist of my quote.

"I didn’t get that he insinuated Garguy had anything to do with this. 12RK seemed to be just wondering where he was and probably looking for his thoughts on the current ****show.

Comment

With over 80,000 members you will eventually run into all manner of human being.

I hope she gets the help she needs.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                    I know my BS meter went off a few times, but it is hard to question specifics in a time of crisis. I wish now that more questions were asked, on my part and others, from the beginning.

Very much this because the folks who blindly follow and believe all TBHers are golden, come down on the questioners like Thors hammer for even considering it. Especially in a situation as sensitive as this. And sadly, its not always in a time of crisis. It's good human nature to want to believe and follow...and then to protect those they blindly believe and follow. But that can bring about not being able to see the forest for the trees..

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                      Wow, I have gone back through the whole other thread and picked through everything on this thread. What a mess. I hope Michael and Mary have all the deleted threads from over the years saved because this would be a great novel...

The Life and Times of Texas Bowhunter

Chapter 467 : The ballad of Adair
                      Chapter 680: Secret tips to lure monster bucks through the HF with Pea Gravel and Vanilla
                      Chapter 1065: Bigfoot
                      Chapter 1352: 6.5 Creedmoor
                      Chapter 1499: 278 but was it really 271?
                      Chapter 1671: The truth about Lymes Disease and its effects on those closest to you.
                      Chapter 1672: Courtney and Lymes Disease - True Hollywood Story / Catfish crossover episode...

I always wonder what the next entertaining chapter will be in our little community...

I feel bad for those deeply vested emotionally in this **** show, and especially the kids since they can't chose their current situation. Just goes to show that you never really know what someone is capable of doing. I'm ata loss for words as far as being able to believe it got drug out that long. Good job Bobby! Sorry for the mess you got put through Brandon, hang in there!

You forgot the 300yd hog attack and shot at night, and the one that she had to pull her concealed carry and not use it.

Comment

is there a chance her account was hacked?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          For the record I wasn't the one wondering so no need to assure me... I just relayed what I thought was an explanation. I reworded it below to get the jist of my quote.

"I didn’t get that he insinuated Garguy had anything to do with this. 12RK seemed to be just wondering where he was and probably looking for his thoughts on the current ****show.
                          Yessir , i understood that. Thank you. I guess i got suckered in as deep as i did because of my ordeal. There were a dozen times something struck me as wrong but i just couldnt let myself think it was a scam.

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
                            From the hog attacking her friend and her shooting it at 300 yards to the guy outside her house, to her posts on here I always thought she was full of crap and wanted nothing more than the attention of lots of men. I am blown away by audacity and sickness she must really have inside to pull this crap. As said, at least Gods children came together in prayer, and we also are more concerned and educated on Lynes by Garguy. Brandon, you sound like a standup guy and what you thought you were doing shows me you are a great human being.

She is not the only one who I believe has come on here over the years looking for attention. It’s seems there have been several over the years that have come here for the same reason. They typically are the same; single female and have lots of drama/baggage attached.

Sadly we seem to fall for it over and over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wow. I haven’t been too involved in TBH over the last two years. Sometimes life gets in the way and you have to set your priorities.

What I do know about the GS is it’s always been my extended family. Y’all practically watch my son, Ethan, grow up on here.

This is a great place with great people who will, and have, given the shirts off their backs to help out a complete stranger with only one thing common: a Love for the outdoors.

That’s why it pains my spirit to see good people taken advantage of.

I hope and pray the person responsible for this receives mental health attention. That’s the only excuse for these actions I can come up with is something is “right” upstairs.

Makes me miss the old TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                                is there a chance her account was hacked?
                                ^ that thought had crossed my mind, but I don’t think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X