2018 Pushmataha County Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
    Lease mate Josh mincher got it done. He hunted this deer 50 plus hours the last 6 days when the wind would allow him to hunt that set up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Arrowslinger, can you give us some details how your lease member killed this buck? Just very curious, I'm trying to understand a little more about these Oklahoma bucks. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbucks26 View Post
      What an absolute giant!!! Congrats Josh! No satisfaction like putting that kind of hard work in and harvesting the animal you are after. Love hearing this and gives us all some hope that there is still a chance these last few days! looking forward to hearing the score!
      He measured him out to 158 inches

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
        Arrowslinger, can you give us some details how your lease member killed this buck? Just very curious, I'm trying to understand a little more about these Oklahoma bucks. Thanks
        This deer had been coming to hand corn for 3 weeks. He waited him out and only went to the stand when the wind was right for a week. being in camp 7 days he hunted 4.5 days for the deer. Daylight to dark some of those days. The last day he went in at 9 a.m. and shot him last few minutes of legal light.

We have had history with this deer since the summer he stayed in the same area all year.

Hunt Oct 15th to Thanksgiving as much as possible. Then from Christmas to end of the season as much as possible. Play the wind and thermals.

Comment

Just saw this place come available in Push count. Looks like a nice place....

Whitetail Properties hunting land for sale listings are the most current and diverse around the country. Find your special piece of hunting land here!

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke'm View Post
            Just saw this place come available in Push count. Looks like a nice place....

https://www.whitetailproperties.com/...t-home-clayton

Just a touch out of my budget [emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E1615.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	24571276
              Hey everyone, I'd be interested to see if anyone recognizes this view or maybe the cross. My grandad always referred to this ridge in Honobia/Three Rivers WMA as the Devil's Backbone. I can't believe how many people have left notes, ammo, money, full beers etc for him. I'd be thrilled to know if any of ya'll may have stopped by.

Comment

I have been up there but don't remember seeing the cross.

Nice Auto 5....

Comment

Originally posted by Texahoman View Post
                  [ATTACH]946126[/ATTACH]
                  Hey everyone, I'd be interested to see if anyone recognizes this view or maybe the cross. My grandad always referred to this ridge in Honobia/Three Rivers WMA as the Devil's Backbone. I can't believe how many people have left notes, ammo, money, full beers etc for him. I'd be thrilled to know if any of ya'll may have stopped by.
                  Where is this?

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                    Where is this?

Just east of Little river, east of Cloudy. On the eastern edge of Honobia WMA. I want to say it’s on Baggs Trail.

Comment

Great photo, for sure.

Comment

Just wanted to give y’all that hunt this area a heads up. I know this is a little later than it should have been posted but there is a group around Nashoba that is hitting deer camps. They broke into ours and hit the “redneck camp”, if y’all know where that is. Luckily we didn’t have much there but they did steal my projection system I had hanging in cabin, my buddy’s 4 wheeler, all the camp clothing that was left behind. They even took the power strips and took meat out of the freezer. Keep an eye on yall’s place.

Comment

Working...
                        X