No announcement yet.

2018 Pushmataha County Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only saw 3 does all day. Jumped a bunch of hogs walking out eating a pile of corn at another spot. They have been slamming the corn... I've been hunting a spot they typically don't go near- close to where I have had pictures of a cpl bucks late nov and early December I've been wanting to shoot. Hunting has been really slow, hoping it gets better or I just get lucky lol. May go shoot the hogs tomorrow since they are probably pushing deer out of the area. Good Luck to anyone else hunting. Im off till Wednesday but not very optimistic . Here are latest pics off trail cam

Last edited by mtnbucks26; 10-15-2019, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Shot this one right after I climbed the tree. Hadnt even sat down yet.

Hasn't been much on camera in a couple weeks, witch what was to be expected. The hogs are thick right now that is for sure. Maybe I'll get lucky in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Its been really quiet lately. Anyone been hunting up in the Push lately?

Are any deer moving during the day.

Comment

Wow, you guys have a great area.. congrats, and good luck..

Comment

The wife has her second follow up with the retina surgeon January 8th. If everything is looking good I will be up to hunt Jan 9-12 trying to get those last hunts in. Hope there are still some deer left in the woods. Whakm said all he has been seeing is the same little spike every time he goes out.

Comment

I will be back next weekend. We do have a guy in camp this weekend so I'll pass along his report. Hopefully it's getting better and the last few weeks pan out for everyone. They should be on the hand feed and minerals if like years past.

Maybe this one will show up again.

Comment

Wanted to post an update since my last time out hunting back in middle of December. Only saw 5 does during the entire 6 day period and was very tough hunting. Part of the problem were all the hogs in the area. Some of the ones I have on camera are massive! Will try to post a cpl pictures later. I am heading back up in a few hours to hunt all day tomorrow and Saturday. Hoping I can get really lucky. I will probably take the first opportunity I get on a doe at this point in the season. We are getting down to the wire here! Good luck to anyone getting out there in these last few weeks! Hoping one of us on here can get it done on one of those last chance bruiser bucks! Will let you know how next few days goes and if I'm getting some activity.

Comment

A lot of bucks already dropping their antlers we have on camera.

Sitting on the edge of a clear cut we will see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                    A lot of bucks already dropping their antlers we have on camera.

Sitting on the edge of a clear cut we will see what happens.

Is it early for them to be dropping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
                      Is it early for them to be dropping?

Not from my experience up here. Around Christmas always have some that have dropped.

Comment

Snoop is up in Antlers with my father in law on doe patrol.

Comment

Nice view Arrowslinger.
                          Dale, congrats on the boys doe.
                          Here’s a pretty big pig I had on camera.

Comment

Over the last 2 years, the bucks seem to all disappear from our camera's once it gets into December. I don't seem to be getting any pics during the night on any of our camera's. I can't figure out where the big bucks go after the rut is over. They seem to just disappear. Anyone else seen this same pattern?

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                              Not from my experience up here. Around Christmas always have some that have dropped.

This one started dropping Dec 18th...had 3 bucks under yesterday evening..one of them was anterless...

Click image for larger version

Name:	A8BF48B3-A1DE-41BC-8EA3-92A6A32D1B30.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	24566511

Click image for larger version

Name:	B5151B2A-7DAB-44D3-A33D-577468DA7F98.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	24566512

Comment

2018 Pushmataha County Oklahoma

Going to brave the roads and the cold, headed up in the AM for a quick 1.5 day hunt. Hopefully will be in the woods the 9-12th for one final push in push with BG.

Comment

Working...
                                X