Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
    Those situations can be fixed and taken care of after the fact also.... Again I highly doubt it was the so called “bad boys” that did it.... IMO.... The last thing anyone of them in Mexico want to do is have a major issue, let alone kidnap or kill an American... It would be too much bad press and attention to their cause!!!

Perfect example is the post above by easttexasman about a military convoy on the highway! That is a daily occurrence in Mexico in most areas. Again nothing at all to get excited or worried about.

Most of not all of the situations that an American hunter has been in can be directly attributed to a bone head move of some sort by them! Case and point with the camera issue mentioned above! Farmdog and Legdog are Mexico veterans and speak Spanish LOL! I’m sure that’s why they weren’t scared and Leggy continued to take pictures! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1303][emoji1303].

Viva men! I’m headed to the dark side!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea because we know Mexico hates bad press!!!!!!!!!!

Hey ya'll be careful and have fun.. I'm just tagging along for the ride. Some of ya'll have my cell #.. If you have trouble call if you can.. I know how to get around over there. We'll form a TBH extraction team.. beer included for the ride home...

Comment

All good KR..I will think and post positive best I can Happy New Year Guys!

Comment

Can everyone just take a breathe and relax!

We’re all adults if we’re crazy for going so be it. It ain’t y’all on the line so move along if all you have to say is “it’s just a deer or it takes one time”. Trust me and everyone that hunts here WE KNOW... let’s us enjoy what WE do we know the risk better than anyone. What we decide to do on our time is our business, thanks for all the updates and thankfully that “here’s your sign” moment didn’t get REAL bad. I’ve had an amazing trip see so many bucks when i close my eyes at night i just see horns! I will share pics when i get back tomorrow sitting here sunbathing and enjoy the nice cool breeze god is good and so is Mexico!

Comment

Originally posted by Ridin_Skinny View Post
          Went from Guerrero, Coahuila to Columbia Bridge yesterday with no issues. 2 checkpoints on road with military and Fuerza Coahuila playing on their phones. No line at bridge at all but got hassled by a woman US Customs Agent for quite a while over my horns and paperwork.

Took personal best on the 30th after grinding it out for 4 days!

195 4/8 [ATTACH]939944[/ATTACH]

Nicely done!!

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
            All good KR..I will think and post positive best I can Happy New Year Guys!

Right on Marky Mark! Your post didn’t bother me a bit brother! [emoji1744]*[emoji3603][emoji1744]*[emoji3603][emoji1787][emoji1787]. You’ve been a crazy Mexican Gringo your whole life! You are the man and you know it!!’ [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1306][emoji1306]

Ranches available all around me! In your old stomping grounds or close to them! Come on home Jefe!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              I read this thread because I loved hunting old Mexico at a time.. I don't comment on the safety aspect when sometimes I feel like I should.. Its a downer and I would not matter anyway.. I understand that..
              I know you are a big guy and so am I.. And I can tell you that it won't matter when that door gets kicked off the hinges at 2 in the morning by Mexicans holding semi auto weapons. They robbed everyone in camp.. It happened when I hunted down there and that's why I dont anymore.. Do you Remember the episode on Los Apaches a bunch of years ago(10 or so)where 4 people where abducted and 2 have never been found?? Yea I was there when that happened too, 2 ranches over.. That's all I could take.. I was done..
              After talking to some US federal agents it all revolved around massive amounts of money and cocaine and a US custom brokers son.. Imagine that.. It's all fun and games until it ain't..
              All that big talk and name calling isn't really necessary.. It can go bad in a blink and I don't care how mean or bad a person thinks he is, those folks don't play by any rules and they know how to make you cry!!!!

I pray for all you guys safety....

2006. I believe the ranch was La Barranca not Los Apaches and all parties were returned. No one stayed missing

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
                2006. I believe the ranch was La Barranca not Los Apaches and all parties were returned. No one stayed missing
                Los Apaches and the son of the US customs broker was never found and if I'm not mistaken the ranch cook too was never located..
                Now I was told this by a US federal agent but he could have been wrong.. It's been a while..

Comment

Some of you window lickers just need to make a return trip with the right crew and get some new better stories.

Comment

Los Apaches and the son of the US customs broker was never found and if I'm not mistaken the ranch cook too was never located..
                    Now I was told this by a US federal agent but he could have been wrong.. It's been a while..
                    The story I remember was it was the father of. The American was released very quick, the father was recovered after a ransome was paid, and the cook was never seen again. We all figured he must of just been a dam good cook and went to work for the other side

Comment

Just for the record, I didn't point my camera at anyone.

The trick is to blend in. I've never been good at that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mexico Christmas 2018_-32.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	24566573

Comment

La Barranca and ALL were returned. [emoji6]

Comment

Wrong post
                          Last edited by drop dead fred; 12-31-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                            Some of you window lickers just need to make a return trip with the right crew and get some new better stories.
                            X193629173!! I’m not understanding the infatuation with repeating things were all aware of and adding what their uncles nephews coworkers girlfriend told them what they heard. It’d be nice if we could enjoy our thread and the deer harvested instead of debunking and defending ourselves against “outsiders”

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                              Just for the record, I didn't point my camera at anyone.

The trick is to blend in. I've never been good at that.

[ATTACH]939973[/ATTACH]
                              Awesome pic what camera do you use if you don’t mind me asking

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                                Awesome pic what camera do you use if you don’t mind me asking

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 5.10.48 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	24566575

Mexico is always target rich.

Name:	post.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	24566576

This is a severe crop but it allows a better look at the deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X