Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
    Not with digital ballast they don't.

I can turn mine off and on and no lag time. I use a 2800 watt champion inverter generator. I want the 200watt led hps once they come out
    I was going to ask you what genny you were running,I had a 3000 eu Honda and it was maxed out with 2 400watt MH and 6 250 on the side
    are you running your ballasts on the lower settings ?

Comment

Yeah those Halogens pull a lot of power. I have 5- 50 watt leds and 2- 500 watt halogens that I run on a 2000 watt honda generator. I get about 4 hours of time before having to refill the generator. To be honest the 2- 500 watt halogens over power the leds and I like them much more. Not to mention they were only $40 a piece at home depot. However, I would much rather all led's but don't have the funds at the time to make that happen.

When I redo my set up in the next year or so my plan is to do the 100 watt truewarm leds all around. The picture below is the goal. Boat I plan on going with will be a little shorter and will only be running one gator tail instead of two.
      Attached Files

Comment

4 on the front full power and 4 on the sides at 50%. I actually bought another generator so I have 2 and now run them all on full power and I have 3 powermax inverters for my troller I can run as well. Both generators running is just as quite as 1.

Comment

I got one of these to really test what the lights draw works pretty good
          All the Led lights tend to draw less than the rated wattage

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
            All geared up and ready to go this year! Have a few trips already booked with Tbhers too. Those are my favorite! Big gator gar here we come!
            I have never shot the la redfish. I want to though someday. Can any boat go or you need an air boat?

All depends on the size/weight of your boat and what time of the year your hitting the marsh. Unfortunately I only have an outboard for now. I have a small aluminum flat bottom though so I'm still able to get places and just gotta watch the tides. The surface drive brings it to whole new level though and can't wait to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by The Cajun View Post
              All depends on the size/weight of your boat and what time of the year your hitting the marsh. Unfortunately I only have an outboard for now. I have a small aluminum flat bottom though so I'm still able to get places and just gotta watch the tides. The surface drive brings it to whole new level though and can't wait to get one.
              Yea that is what I have been told. All the guides down there are either surface drive or air boats. Hopefully one day I can make the trip and shoot some of those fish.

Comment

I need a bowfishing set up, and to tag along with a couple of you guys that looks awesome

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I fish a lot of dark and stained water in my area. I have been looking at 50w, Will the 100w led be too bright and reflect off the surface?

Comment

Originally posted by Hog Grim Reaper View Post
                    Thanks for the suggestions. I fish a lot of dark and stained water in my area. I have been looking at 50w, Will the 100w led be too bright and reflect off the surface?
                    You will mainly want to look at the "K" rating. A lower K rating light is considered "warm white" and closer to an HPS, which should help in stained water.

Comment

Originally posted by Hog Grim Reaper View Post
                      you can never have to much light LOL
                      With the water youre talking about go with the warm white and another important tip is to build light boxes or covers for your lights ,they basically shield your eyes from the light reflected around the housing of the lights and it makes a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by gpena View Post
                        I need a bowfishing set up, and to tag along with a couple of you guys that looks awesome

Hey bud im in the corpus area also lol we can learn together!

Comment

The low hum provided by the quiet generators, like the Hondas, actually helps mask some of the movement of the occupants of the boat. Take the generator away and you may actually spook MORE fish, not less.

I'm in Central Texas and happy to meet up with anyone who has a boat. Can bring cash, beer, gas, hookers, blow . . . just let me know what kind of trip it's going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                            The low hum provided by the quiet generators, like the Hondas, actually helps mask some of the movement of the occupants of the boat. Take the generator away and you may actually spook MORE fish, not less.

I'm in Central Texas and happy to meet up with anyone who has a boat. Can bring cash, beer, gas, hookers, blow . . . just let me know what kind of trip it's going to be.
                            Your in.

Comment

Originally posted by The Cajun View Post
                              Yeah those Halogens pull a lot of power. I have 5- 50 watt leds and 2- 500 watt halogens that I run on a 2000 watt honda generator. I get about 4 hours of time before having to refill the generator.

I just got one of these, gonna see how it works on my days off.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Long View Post
                                Hey bud im in the corpus area also lol we can learn together!
                                Sounds like a plan brother, always down to meet local TBHers. Actually gonna try and do some surf fishing Friday if this weather clears up.

Comment

Working...
                                X