No announcement yet.

Divorce Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used the same attorney . 62 days & $750 !!! Best money I ever spent !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
      I see mine whenever I want, so it's not as bad. Yep, it's a raw deal for sure, but it's the way it's set up and there's nothing we can do about it. Well, I guess we could march or come up with a hashtag.
      It just isn't right. Pretty tough to not be consumed by anger the way the system is set up against honest fathers.

Comment

I filed on 9/5/17 and we just got our mediation date set for 3/20/18. No kids and everything is agreed upon between us 2. Just the lawyers are dragging their feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson05 View Post
          How did you guys who have kids cope with this? Did everyone pretty much end up 50-50 custody? It seems to me to be a pretty raw flipping deal that if your spouse is the one who cheated and destroyed the family they face basically no repercussions.
          I lucked out. Mine was so busy partying she had no problem giving me primary custody of mine. They live with me. My current ( estranged ) wife left in March of last year and took my youngest with her. He was always a mamas boy and I see him whaen i want, so it isnt bad. We get along and she doesnt use him as leverage. If we do get divorced I have no doubt that if we fought, she would get custody. She is a good mom.

Comment

Originally posted by Stroke View Post
            I filed on 9/5/17 and we just got our mediation date set for 3/20/18. No kids and everything is agreed upon between us 2. Just the lawyers are dragging their feet.
            If everything is agreed upon what are you mediating?

Comment

I wonder if he actually checks back on the threads he starts or if y’all just talking amongst yourselves. Lol.

Skinny

Comment

My ex and I had the standard visitation agreement in our divorce decree. And as much as we didn't really like each other at the time, there was never any issue with me seeing my kids at any time I wanted. My work schedule didn't allow us to go strictly by the visitation schedule and she knew that so we agreed to have it in the decree as a "failsafe", but we never went by it.

Like was said, honest dads are screwed over by the cheating spouse. It's almost like they get rewarded for their indiscretions.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                  Just be careful of the one lawyer deal Troy. That can come back to bite you, especially if the soon to be ex was the one that found him/her.
                  I'll second this. We were going to try to use 1 lawyer but after 2 days of un-returned phone calls and emails I found out that a lawyer only has 1 client and would only talk to my ex. That was a big NO. You need someone to represent your interests. It did get ugly after that but that had to do with her lawyer and new boyfriend telling her what all she "deserved". I fought like hell and got 50-50 custody and a decent child support payment (still baffling anyone with 50% custody should have to pay anything) but I spent a lot of money and lost a lot of money as my ex was more concerned with cash than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson05 View Post
                    It just isn't right. Pretty tough to not be consumed by anger the way the system is set up against honest fathers.

Nope, not right, just the way it is. I was consumed by anger way too long, but I let it go and life is good. No use getting twisted over something I have no control over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      Yep and it was all driven by ex MIL
                      go figure, that would be my luck. Sorry you had to go through that.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        There is always fighting.
                        Don't even need to read the rest of the responses......do NOT take for granted what your ex to be tells you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this is your first, LOL...unfortunately I've been there more than once, things can go SOUR in a heartbeat and the fight is on! Keep you comments to yourself, resist the urge to comment back and don't take..again..ANYTHING FOR GRANTED!!

Also, if you are the man I was during my first divorce...don't offer up all she wants and negotiate. If their are kids involved, do your best to be their Dad and that only....Good luck Man....divorce sucks.....but you will recover then move on, slowly!

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                          If everything is agreed upon what are you mediating?
                          How much all attnys and mediator will make. My mediation cost me 12k
                          Last edited by BrandonA; 02-20-2018, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I got divorced last year in Galveston County, 1 lawyer with no big disagreements and 1 kiddo. Took 7ish months costs around 2k, I have a "modified" possession order which is 50/50 custody. On top of being able to see my kiddo all the time I pay drastically less child support but also half of all expenses. The money works out to about to same but this way I know exactly where it goes.

Comment

It has always amazed me how, you can be their "Knight in Shining Armor" one day, and be the sorriest s-o-b on earth the next day.

Comment

People change...

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                                It has always amazed me how, you can be their "Knight in Shining Armor" one day, and be the sorriest s-o-b on earth the next day.
                                People change over time...In my case I'm much better off with my second wife as compared to my first. It does take time, especially if they drop the hammer on you.

Comment

Working...
                                X