Divorce Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
    No, it isn't amazing at all. This is what happens when there is no one to pay for billable hours. They get it done quickly.

Right here is proof positive most divorce lawyers drag out the process to generate higher fees. They have absolutely NO incentive to get it done in a rapid manner. Every delay, continuance, request for more evidence, just runs up the billable hours but doesn't materially change the outcome. They love the crazies and the meddling MILs because they keep the **** stirred up and that rings the cash register.
    No love for divorce lawyers, but could it perhaps be that people who have the cash to pay for the billable hours also tend to have the cash for both sides to get greedy about and fight over, and THAT'S what rings up the bill?

Comment

Once you file it is critical that you find a transition women to help you through the difficult 60 day cool off period.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtestamentman View Post
        Once you file it is critical that you find a transition women to help you through the difficult 60 day cool off period.

Lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by clintb View Post
          My first one was about 90 days. My second one was 2.5 yrs and almost 40k in lawyer fees. I have a cousin that did his non contested in 60 days and 190.00 each.
          got some experience in this

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
            No, it isn't amazing at all. This is what happens when there is no one to pay for billable hours. They get it done quickly.

Right here is proof positive most divorce lawyers drag out the process to generate higher fees. They have absolutely NO incentive to get it done in a rapid manner. Every delay, continuance, request for more evidence, just runs up the billable hours but doesn't materially change the outcome. They love the crazies and the meddling MILs because they keep the **** stirred up and that rings the cash register.

No wonder the rate of suicide and alcoholism runs high in the legal profession. Eventually, even they know its wrong and their guilty conscious tells them so. After they screwed everybody else, unfortunately.
            Yea I don’t think this is accurate at all. You are making some pretty broad based conclusions based on uninformed opinion

Comment

Just be careful of the one lawyer deal Troy. That can come back to bite you, especially if the soon to be ex was the one that found him/her.

Comment

60 days and $250.00.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                  Just be careful of the one lawyer deal Troy. That can come back to bite you, especially if the soon to be ex was the one that found him/her.
                  Yeah I wouldn't go the 1 lawyer route either. Have a coworker That went that route and still is getting screwd over by his Ex. Then again he's from Philly and an Eagles fan!

Comment

How did you guys who have kids cope with this? Did everyone pretty much end up 50-50 custody? It seems to me to be a pretty raw flipping deal that if your spouse is the one who cheated and destroyed the family they face basically no repercussions.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJon View Post
                      This.

Figure out what is non-negotiable and stick to it.

Mine was a couple years and the lawyers' kids are definitely going to college.

Still totally worth it.
                      If a man isnt fighting in a divorce, h is getting run over.

If she has a lawyer and he dont, he is getting run over. Period..

Heck if it was me, i would sue for the price of those bolt ons since she is taking them with her.

Comment

Silenced .22lr

Just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson05 View Post
                          How did you guys who have kids cope with this? Did everyone pretty much end up 50-50 custody? It seems to me to be a pretty raw flipping deal that if your spouse is the one who cheated and destroyed the family they face basically no repercussions.
                          I see mine whenever I want, so it's not as bad. Yep, it's a raw deal for sure, but it's the way it's set up and there's nothing we can do about it. Well, I guess we could march or come up with a hashtag.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                            Silenced .22lr

Just sayin

Easy Tommy Lee

Comment

60 day wait then it's just signing your name

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                                Yea I don’t think this is accurate at all. You are making some pretty broad based conclusions based on uninformed opinion
                                Read this:

A new study finds U.S. attorneys have higher rates of alcohol abuse, depression and anxiety than other highly educated professionals. More than one-fifth of licensed, employed attorneys consume alcohol at levels consistent with problem drinking, compared with 12 percent of other professionals.

Comment

Working...
                                X