Famous Encounters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
    That’s awesome. Chris Ward and the most crew at that time were unreal. I got in with a bunch of the guys I did because i was the only long boarder surfing the same spots and taking off as deep as them. Sunny Garcia used to call me out to go on closeouts because he knew I was too stubbor/dumb to bail if one of them started talkin trash

I have a handful of my boards still but I’ve never made it down to the coast yet. We actually have an outrigger canoe club up here out of Grapevine I paddle with so it helps with the withdrawals of not surfing.

Dude!! I'm in Mansfield!!!

Sunny started riding for my boy Pat Mulhurn (BYB boards) he won the title on one. We need to get together! I found a spot on Joe Pool that breaks on a hard North wind.
    People think I'm crazy but it's there. It's a gradual bottom so gives enough bottom to produce a log wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Randall actually moved in with me in Daytona, until I had enough :-)

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
        That’s awesome. Chris Ward and the most crew at that time were unreal. I got in with a bunch of the guys I did because i was the only long boarder surfing the same spots and taking off as deep as them. Sunny Garcia used to call me out to go on closeouts because he knew I was too stubbor/dumb to bail if one of them started talkin trash

I have a handful of my boards still but I’ve never made it down to the coast yet. We actually have an outrigger canoe club up here out of Grapevine I paddle with so it helps with the withdrawals of not surfing.
        Don’t believe anything kdurham says. I go to church with the guy and I’ve been trying to show him the light for a while now. No matter how hard I try it’s still Jesus, then Brady.

Comment

Lady Bird Johnson, at a little restaurant in Willow City
          James Woods, at Chicago Airport
          Neal McCoy, at his concert in Sonora Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
            Dude!! I'm in Mansfield!!!

Sunny started riding for my boy Pat Mulhurn (BYB boards) he won the title on one. We need to get together! I found a spot on Joe Pool that breaks on a hard North wind.
            People think I'm crazy but it's there. It's a gradual bottom so gives enough bottom to produce a log wave.

Hooligan isn’t afraid to drive in for breakfast at Our Place.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
              Don’t believe anything kdurham says. I go to church with the guy and I’ve been trying to show him the light for a while now. No matter how hard I try it’s still Jesus, then Brady.

Hahaha!

Comment

Those burritos are awesome, I’ll drive down there anytime

Comment

Actually that sounds good! Let's get together later this week Or next.

Comment

Yeeears ago when I was a meat cutter in Austin (one of the open counter types) at HEB. Jerry Jeff Walker became one of my "regulars". He'd tell me stories of his "good ole days" while he leaned on the counter waiting for his order. He was often "well lubricated. "

But, man... some of the Willie stories...

Saw Sammy Hagar at a restaurant in downtown SA a bout 2 years ago. Seated next to our table. Huge table, obviously family so I didn't bother with the selfie/autograph opportunity. Though I kinda wish I had now.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                      Not sure if many of y’all know who Mitch Hedberg was, but he was comedian who was really funny. I went to one of his last shows before he died, and I went in the bathroom to take a leak and he came and took one next to me. I did a double take, then told him I would normally shake his hand, but under the circumstances I’d pass. He actually laughed pretty hard at that.
                      That’s awesome. He was freakin’ hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                        Michael Johnson at a Baylor football game. Randy Travis at a beer joint in the sticks. Colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley a couple of weeks ago at a food pantry fundraiser. Didn’t think to ask them about Melk.

Were his pants on or off?

Comment

Famous Encounters

Met Randy Earnhardt. I used to get to go to DEI every week so I met all kinds of people when they were booming.

I also met Bill France when I went to his personal airport hanger every week for a couple of years.

Meet other folks for Hendricks Motorsports when I used to go there every week.
                          Almost ran over Joe Gibbs.
                          Met Jeff Burton.
                          Met Michael Waltrip

I was at these places weekly and a few more over the years every week. I met a few crew chiefs and just about everyone involved in building a car for one of these crews from 2002 to 2008. I’ve been in the show rooms, the dyno shops, the frame shops, and everywhere in between.

Woods brothers racing
                          Bam Racing
                          Hall of Fame Racing
                          Menard racing
                          Hendricks Motorsports
                          Dale Earhart Industries
                          Joe Gibbs Racing
                          Lowe’s Motor Speedway
                          Last edited by Black Ice; 02-19-2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

We were at Papasitos in Fort Worth celebrating my son's eagle scout award. Other son was in the restroom and made a wise crack and a man asked him if he was a boy scout. He was in full uniform. He is also an eagle. He came back to the table and a couple minutes later three men approached our table. One guy was pretty large. Turned out to be Rayfield Wright. He posed for pictures with the boys and told us about his scouting career. Said he was an eagle scout as well. Very gracious and friendly man.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Famous Encounters

Sat next a seat or two away from Gene Simmons at a Love Field terminal waiting on a SWA flight to San Antonio on an early Sunday morning a few years ago.

Michael Irvin almost ran over my younger brother in an Academy parking lot when I was in high school.

Used to hang out and drink beers with Chris Knight and Kyle Park when they first started and would play in College Station. Nobody knew who they were and would only draw a whopping 10 people out to a dive bar on a Monday night type scenario.

Comment

Forgot about Jethro Pugh. He was a night shift assembly line supervisor at TI back in the 70's. The line was all college girls during the summer. He came into the shop one night and put down the law on us bothering "HIS" girls. Dude had a fist as big as your head!

Comment

Working...
                                X