Covert solar panel + enloops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
    Well my covert phone app updated. Not a fan, harder to navigate through photos now.

App updated?

Originally posted by DK1555 View Post
    do the coverts have an internal battery as well as the AAs

No... take the AAs out or have them die and you have to turn it back on / reset

Comment

Originally posted by DK1555 View Post
      do the coverts have an internal battery as well as the AAs

No, I’m not aware of any trail camera that is configured like that. You can set up a 6V external battery for the coverts though.
      Spartan’s newest model has a built in lithium in addition to the AA’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
        Spartan’s newest model has a built in lithium in addition to the AA’s
        Interesting, what is the thought process behind that?

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        App updated?
        Yup covert mobile app, it is no bueno.

Comment

Yup covert mobile app, it is no bueno.

Heard about it after my post...not good. glad I switched to manual updates..

Comment

Setting up my cameras this weekend... Did ya'll charge up your batteries ahead of installation with a desktop charger? I bought the Amazon 2400 mah version.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DShank76 View Post
              Setting up my cameras this weekend... Did ya'll charge up your batteries ahead of installation with a desktop charger? I bought the Amazon 2400 mah version.
              My Amazon 2400's came fully charged

Comment

My Amazon 2400's came fully charged

Same

Comment

I saw this set up in the DIY section of TBH. Cost a little more for initial set up but you are done after that. The panel, and battery tender came from Amazon as well as the rechargable batteries for the camera. The power cord from Covert. Ammo can, battery from Academy. I have had one covert on the same battery for over 1 year and still shows full battery.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just a heads up, I talked to covert this morning and they said that ATT announced they are starting to take down their 3G towers in January 2020, however, it will be a 2 year process so you're camera will stop working anywhere from January 2020 to January 2022 on the 3G.... just depends on location

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                      Just a heads up, I talked to covert this morning and they said that ATT announced they are starting to take down their 3G towers in January 2020, however, it will be a 2 year process so you're camera will stop working anywhere from January 2020 to January 2022 on the 3G.... just depends on location

Glad to have taken advantage of a few sales and switched everything over to LTE when they announced this in August.

Just a reminder that your 3G camera will still make great trail cameras so all is not lost. There is still some value in them.

Comment

My post? The top of the box that panel sits on is about 40” off the ground? The actual post it’s mounted to is 17’ with my extended antenna at the top because I have such poor signal in the hole my blind is in. Had to go up to grab it.

How is your camera mounted in the pic ???? with zip ties????

Comment

Reviving this thread as I just acquired a Covert Code Black 2020 LTE. I have read through this thread and ordered the Green Screen approved Amazon batteries. Just checking in to see if there are any major updates or insight since the last post in September.

Comment

Originally posted by ATXArcher View Post
                            Reviving this thread as I just acquired a Covert Code Black 2020 LTE. I have read through this thread and ordered the Green Screen approved Amazon batteries. Just checking in to see if there are any major updates or insight since the last post in September.

not here....still going strong with the Covert panels and Amazon batteries on my cameras .

Comment

not here....still going strong with the Covert panels and Amazon batteries on my cameras .
                              Same for me. Both cams working great. I am replacing a panel this year because the panel has separated from the canvas. Still works though.

Comment

Excellent, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X