Covert solar panel + enloops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Amazon Basics Rechargeable AAs 2400 Mah. Rebranded Eneloop Pros...8 pack and a 4 pack will cost you around $28.

AmazonBasics AA High-Capacity Rechargeable Batteries (8-Pack) Pre-charged - Packaging May Vary https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HZV9WTM..._m2WnDbMG3HSKZ
    I forgot about these on prime day
    They were probably five dollars

Comment

Has anyone tried a "generic" solar panel with their Covert camera and eneloop pros? Just got my shipment from Overtons and now getting my power setup squared away.

I searched other threads and found nothing very recent. Seems like most of you run the Covert panel.

Thanks for any advice or opinions out there!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DShank76 View Post
        Has anyone tried a "generic" solar panel with their Covert camera and eneloop pros? Just got my shipment from Overtons and now getting my power setup squared away.

I searched other threads and found nothing very recent. Seems like most of you run the Covert panel.

Thanks for any advice or opinions out there!

Will not keep up. It has been discussed several times in Covert threads..

I would have loved to have paid 50% of the the Covert panel.

Comment

Thanks! That's what I get for trying to save some $$.

Comment

I do have a great suggestion for covert, some way to scare pigs away when you seem them. Some type of sound or alert you can activate...

Comment

I have used the amazon rechargeable and the covert solar panel for two years with no issues.

Comment

[quote=Tbuddyandroby;14218164]
                Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                Good thread here... I bought a Covert Blackhawk and had to send it back after continuous conectivity issues. Customer service was great. They tested my camera, booster antenna, and solar panel. They ended up replacing the camera and pre-set the settings for me.

Update: I set this replacement camera back out, and got the same results. It worked for almost a week and I noticed I'd slowly get less pics. Finnaly it wouldn't respond to real time pics. I called customer support and they said I needed to re-cycle the start-up. When I got to my lease, I turned the camera to the off position, and powered it back on but couldn't get Any signal/connection. I tried eveything from disconnecting/re-connecting connections etc. I swapped the camera out for a new one I was about to install in a new spot and it connected with no problem. Took the bad camera home, called Covert, and they had to do something on the back side of Verizon's end. They emailed me it should connect, and it did.
                Since, the New Camera I replaced, has stopped sending pics/real time pics... The last pic I got had 100% battery and 40% signal. I have another camera near this stand and it seemed to have stopped the same day. I called Covert, and of course I need to be there with the cameras to troubleshoot, but they said it seems the cell tower in that area of those two cameras must be dropping the signal, or something like that... I have booster antennas on all cameras that are extended up as tall as possible.
                Question, if I went up another 10', could that help keep a better signal? If so, is there a way to extend Covert's booster connection?
                If it's the cell tower, that location is just cursed I guess...
                [quote=Smart;14218321][quote=Tbuddyandroby;14218164]

Your signal will only be better higher if there is signal up there. And there is only one way to find out. My feedpend was surrounded by tall oaks from where the tower signal comes from. Like I said I went up over 10’.. my signal was stronger up higher and stayed strong unlike the intermittent signal I got on the ground level.

Initial attempt at 10’ off ground.

[quote=Smart;14218438]

Here is the extension cable for the antenna. I have used them and still have two in use as we speak.

If you have the booster antenna like I believe you said, it has a 12' lead and has a male connection. Your camera is female...the booster antenna is made to screw directly to the camera's female antenna connection. I'm ssuming since you have Verizon, you only have one antenna on the camera.

So to add a 6' extension, you need one end to be male and one end to be female and it would go in between the camera and the booster antenna connections. If you need more than 6' then you need another male to female extension. Wilson part # 951130.

Evidently Amazon has switched my link from way back to a male to male only. It actually gave you a choice between the two when I bought mine. Sorry I didn't check that. I just clicked on my saved link. I looked back on my purchases and it shows male to female and that the link is no longer valid. I would buy the one off Ebay or do a google search for Wilson 951130. I promise you that is the extension.

If for some reason, I misread what you said via PM and you don't have the booster antenna, get one because it has 12' of wire and you may not need the 6' extension . My antenna pole pictured in the thread above was 17' and I need both the booster length and the extension length to accomplish it.
                Yes sir, I do have booster antennas for all cameras, and I will use the Ebay extension.
                Thanks again, Smart
                Update: I have 5 cameras total. One camera works flawless on My stand with only the booster antenna. I extended the booster antenna to 3 cameras (2 on feeders and 1 on a hog trap) by 6' each at my wife's stand. I couldn't connect with 1 camera at a feeder and could not extend to another 6' because my ladder wouldn't reach... I brought that camera home along with the 5th camera that I sent back to Covert because the display screen would not come on. So, the 3 currently running: My feeder is flawless and good (400 yards away from wife's stand). Her Hog trap camera and feeder camera work when they want... Neither will send real time pics., but will send a random pic once a day or so. I know there's hog's coming in and there should be More pics... Aside from getting a longer extension ladder and extending the antenna, I'm outta ideas. Attached are my settings. I know it's been discussed about sensitivity being set to low, but surley that's not the issue?
                Attached Files

Comment

Update: I have 5 cameras total. One camera works flawless on My stand with only the booster antenna. I extended the booster antenna to 3 cameras (2 on feeders and 1 on a hog trap) by 6' each at my wife's stand. I couldn't connect with 1 camera at a feeder and could not extend to another 6' because my ladder wouldn't reach... I brought that camera home along with the 5th camera that I sent back to Covert because the display screen would not come on. So, the 3 currently running: My feeder is flawless and good (400 yards away from wife's stand). Her Hog trap camera and feeder camera work when they want... Neither will send real time pics., but will send a random pic once a day or so. I know there's hog's coming in and there should be More pics... Aside from getting a longer extension ladder and extending the antenna, I'm outta ideas. Attached are my settings. I know it's been discussed about sensitivity being set to low, but surley that's not the issue?[/quote]

Forgive me if you have already answered these questions.

When you send it a command does it take a photo? Does it have the latest update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Bowhunter004; 07-29-2019, 08:52 PM.

Comment

[quote=Tbuddyandroby;14218164]
                    Good thread here... I bought a Covert Blackhawk and had to send it back after continuous conectivity issues. Customer service was great. They tested my camera, booster antenna, and solar panel. They ended up replacing the camera and pre-set the settings for me.

Update: I set this replacement camera back out, and got the same results. It worked for almost a week and I noticed I'd slowly get less pics. Finnaly it wouldn't respond to real time pics. I called customer support and they said I needed to re-cycle the start-up. When I got to my lease, I turned the camera to the off position, and powered it back on but couldn't get Any signal/connection. I tried eveything from disconnecting/re-connecting connections etc. I swapped the camera out for a new one I was about to install in a new spot and it connected with no problem. Took the bad camera home, called Covert, and they had to do something on the back side of Verizon's end. They emailed me it should connect, and it did.
                    Since, the New Camera I replaced, has stopped sending pics/real time pics... The last pic I got had 100% battery and 40% signal. I have another camera near this stand and it seemed to have stopped the same day. I called Covert, and of course I need to be there with the cameras to troubleshoot, but they said it seems the cell tower in that area of those two cameras must be dropping the signal, or something like that... I have booster antennas on all cameras that are extended up as tall as possible.
                    Question, if I went up another 10', could that help keep a better signal? If so, is there a way to extend Covert's booster connection?
                    If it's the cell tower, that location is just cursed I guess...

Did you not believe me in my last PM? I gave you a link to the extension cord I used.

Your signal will only be better higher if there is signal up there. And there is only one way to find out. My feedpend was surrounded by tall oaks from where the tower signal comes from. Like I said I went up over 10’.. my signal was stronger up higher and stayed strong unlike the intermittent signal I got on the ground level.

Initial attempt at 10’ off ground.

With extension pole and cable

Well ****.....looks like my last PM last night didn't go through.....sorry Tbuddy. I sent it but it's not showing gone though..

Here is the extension cable for the antenna. I have used them and still have two in use as we speak.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WILSON-9511...53.m1438.l2649
                    If you have the booster antenna like I believe you said, it has a 12' lead and has a male connection. Your camera is female...the booster antenna is made to screw directly to the camera's female antenna connection. I'm ssuming since you have Verizon, you only have one antenna on the camera.

So to add a 6' extension, you need one end to be male and one end to be female and it would go in between the camera and the booster antenna connections. If you need more than 6' then you need another male to female extension. Wilson part # 951130.

Evidently Amazon has switched my link from way back to a male to male only. It actually gave you a choice between the two when I bought mine. Sorry I didn't check that. I just clicked on my saved link. I looked back on my purchases and it shows male to female and that the link is no longer valid. I would buy the one off Ebay or do a google search for Wilson 951130. I promise you that is the extension.

If for some reason, I misread what you said via PM and you don't have the booster antenna, get one because it has 12' of wire and you may not need the 6' extension . My antenna pole pictured in the thread above was 17' and I need both the booster length and the extension length to accomplish it.
                    Originally posted by Bowhunter004 View Post
                    Update: I have 5 cameras total. One camera works flawless on My stand with only the booster antenna. I extended the booster antenna to 3 cameras (2 on feeders and 1 on a hog trap) by 6' each at my wife's stand. I couldn't connect with 1 camera at a feeder and could not extend to another 6' because my ladder wouldn't reach... I brought that camera home along with the 5th camera that I sent back to Covert because the display screen would not come on. So, the 3 currently running: My feeder is flawless and good (400 yards away from wife's stand). Her Hog trap camera and feeder camera work when they want... Neither will send real time pics., but will send a random pic once a day or so. I know there's hog's coming in and there should be More pics... Aside from getting a longer extension ladder and extending the antenna, I'm outta ideas. Attached are my settings. I know it's been discussed about sensitivity being set to low, but surley that's not the issue?

Forgive me if you have already answered these questions.

When you send it a command does it take a photo? Does it have the latest update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Yes, I just recemtly updated all FW from the Verizon crash a week ago. When I request the real time pic, is says "sent," but nothing comes back. I'm begining to think my wife's stand is a complete dead zone that the signal comes and goes until the cameras crash. I thought by extending the antennas, that would fix it.

Comment

Amazon Basics Rechargeable AAs 2400 Mah. Rebranded Eneloop Pros...8 pack and a 4 pack will cost you around $28.

AmazonBasics AA High-Capacity Rechargeable Batteries (8-Pack) Pre-charged - Packaging May Vary https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HZV9WTM..._m2WnDbMG3HSKZ
                      What
                      About these????

Comment

I just purchased the Newest Covert Black LTE to go along with my 3G model. Lots of good information in this thread. Thanks for everyone sharing. I like Smarts's setup and will building something similar soon. I ordered an external Wilson antenna and the extension cable and 24 of the rechargeable batteries and 2 Covert solar panels this morning. I have had great success with the Covert 3G model and hope to have the same with this new model.The App on my iPhone works great and the pictures come through with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                          From everything I've read in this thread, those are under powered at 2000 mah versus the 2400-2500 in the more expensive version.

Comment

Well my covert phone app updated. Not a fan, harder to navigate through photos now.

Comment

do the coverts have an internal battery as well as the AAs

Comment

Originally posted by DK1555 View Post
                                do the coverts have an internal battery as well as the AAs
                                No, I’m not aware of any trail camera that is configured like that. You can set up a 6V external battery for the coverts though.

Comment

Working...
                                X